Tuesday, July 18, 2006

SETTLE THIS DISPUTE!!!

****NEW UPDATE!!!***** PEOPLE APPARENTLY THINK THIS ROCK IS HUGE...IT FITS IN THE PALM OF MY HAND IF THAT HELPS ANY FURTHER...Stetson, you dont know what a fossil SHE IS!!! ha!!

So we found this rock out front - I say its a fossil of some prehistoric fish, john says its just a naturally occuring rock formation. Please settle this for us!!! Here it is, both sides:




Im leaving it up to the blogosphere to decide...doesnt it look like a fish though?

This may be the LAMEST post of all, but if I go more than two days, I start getting emails...so are you happy? All that for fossil verification? Sorry, its all ive got right now.

Im still on this Xeloda and the last time I didnt have any side effects, but today Im getting that Pre-mouth sore sensation (like cottonmouth) and Im just really exhausted. Ill think up something better for tomorrow...Thats all Folks!!

let me know what you think about the FOSSIL!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This IS a fossil...but i have NO idea what kind. We used to find these at my aunt and uncle's place up in Canada (on the side of some lake whose name i've also forgotten).
In any case, i'm no scientist, nor even a geology nor fossil nut, but, i DO know this IS a fossil!
On another note...i just stumbled onto your blog/site via some links from somewhere (yes, i DO have ADD!) and i think you're an awesome writer/blogger...congrats on your progress in your fight against cancer!

Anonymous said...

I'm with John on the rock formation notion.

Gregg Brekke said...

Pam R gave us your link. Natural formation "be damned", this is definitely a fishbone :). Please know that we are all praying for you.

Gregg, Jill and Gus

Jenni & Jay said...

I'm not a geologist, but I do play one on T.V. It is a fossil of something. I like the fish idea. A prehistoric fishosaurus rex would be cool! I say dig more of your yard up and look for bigger and better fossils and maybe that will help you to figure out what this one really is. JUST KIDDING!

Chalkboard Girl

Anonymous said...

We used to fossil hunt all the time at Ceasers Creek, I say that it is definitely a fossil!!!
Hope you're feeling better today!

-Naomi

Anonymous said...

Lisa Perry is definitely a fossil.

Fenik

Anonymous said...

Wow, I impressed someone knows Lisa Perry as Lisa Perry. And yes, she is now a fossil fer sure.

SurlyT.

Anonymous said...

Geologist at large (and Fossil extraordinaire) reporting in...

[insert helicopter noises]
Well, Fort...from up here it would appear to be a bonifide fossil and NOT a natural rock formation.

[insert garbled radio speech concerning indepth geologic processes - not very interesting anyways]

..and so, from this I conclude that although my area of ex-per-teeze ain't on the paleo end it most definitely is a fossil, perhaps of plant origin.

This is Lisa "I can still kick yer a**" Perry, reporting from the field.

And now back to you, Fort "fossil in the making" McLaughlin.

Anonymous said...

Oh Philly, you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

tom says difinately a fossil. Bring it to the wedding! Should be a good ice breaker!