Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cincinnati Women's Rugby Inaugural Match vs. the
LOUISVILLE RIVERSHARKS
Cincinnati - 72 Louisville- 7
The night before the game we hosted the Ladies for a pregame meal followed by a campfire in our backyard! Of course I shouda' known people wouldnt be making a late night of it but we're firepit crazy around here...John worked up a blaze worthy of a high school pep rally, only to have me put it out an hour later...and did i put it out thouroghly? thought So! But the next morning our back yard still smelled of campfire and smoke was still streaming out from the coals. oops! sorry neighbors!

Well, I didnt get many pictures of our first game as an independent Cincinnati team, I was too busy playing!! I did take this one right before we took the field..no team pics till the new uniforms come in. Of course my fat butt was WAY outta shape but I managed to play for about 30 min - same as aways...a few nice bursts and a lot of walking around. Nothing much has changed. Did score a try after being out of position...just making the best out of being lazy I guess!
After party at Haps was a good time...missed the guys, they were playing in Lexington and we had to get home to watch the OSU game. Go bucks. woo hoo. There, thats my OSU enthusiasm. I just dont feel it. Sorry. Give me a MAC game anyday...Did you all see Akron beat NC State last night?? Three seconds to go on the one yard line and they punched it in!! Now THAT was an exciting game, and I only had to watch the last ten minutes.
SUSAN G. KOMEN Race for a cure
Cincinnati - 2006
Forts Ruggers 4 Jugs!!

Mom, Me & Dad - before the walk...


Needless to say, it was tough trying to find ANYONE you knew...I heard a lot of other people wandering around on their cell phones going, "Im WEARING a PINK SHIRT...no, PINK!" or "Im by the big tent and Im wearing a WHITE SHIRT...WHITE!!" Get real. Everyone we found was due to a complete random run in.

Funny side story...when I got my registration packet in the mail a month ago, I was PUMPED to find out that I got race number 2006...WHAT ARE THE ODDS??? out of tens of thousands of particpants, I GOT THE NUMBER WITH THE YEAR ON IT!! I couldnt wait to show up to the race and even had a preminition that others would notice and discuss how fortunate I was. What were the odds? Pretty damn good. Everybody had 2006 on their race numbers.
Here we are: Forts Ruggers 4 Jugs! I ended up running a little over two miles of the race and felt great! Ive done more physically in the last two days than I have since the fall of 05!! Who hoo!!! Feelin' Good! Thanks to all who joined the team - I think everyone had a blast..got lots of free goodies too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Fort, looks like the race was great--sorry we couldn't be there, but you all were in my thoughts all day!

Anonymous said...

Damn your dad looks good in pink.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your back Fort! I missed you out on the field with us

Anonymous said...

Fort - Have you been stealing my rugby game plan? "A few nice bursts and a lot walking around"...You learned from the best!!

PS - I hope that the "Race for the Cure" went well...hopefully it's going faster than any other race you've been in!