Monday, December 18, 2006

Check out my new License plate!!!
(when I emailed the idea to Stacy, she wrote me back and was something along the lines of this: "When I first read that, I was like, SHRIVER? As in Maria Shriver? And then I thought the connection to the Kennedys and how you love democrats & I thought, Oh Fort, you're so political"....I wish I could actually find the email - I was dying. This email is also appropriate because legend has it, that on my 21st birthday as I was barfing up a full night of non-stop shots, beers & mixed drinks, I would periodically lift my head up and proclaim, "Fort's a SURVIOR"...(I dont remember this)


Ok - We had NOTHING - NOTHING going on this past weekend. For the first time in about FOUR months. It was weird. Brendan posted he was going to have a cookout Saturday night so we said what the HAY. John was off to the grocery store to pick up beer and I said, "Eh, I dont feel like drinking tonight. Just pick me up a 2 liter of Diet Sprite." He stopped in his tracks, smiled, nodded, and did just that. We get to Brendans, and they both crack a beer and needless to say that was all the peer pressure I needed. I was eyeballing that Fifth of Captains and the Coke Zero and that was it. We decided to stay.

The group picture above is us in a bunch of Napoleon Dynamite-esque shirts that Brendan made with the intention of selling at a recent Notre-Dame game. They were made for the new coach of ND & brendan claims he got drunk and forgot to sell them...so he gave them away to his rugby girls & some friends...

Check out these hot college guys we met at the bar. Damn!


Ok - Every once in awhile stacy gets caught in a situation and she wishes that I was there for support. I had one of those moments when I noticed these homemade looking espadrilles. Ok. Maybe they ARE cute and woudl have looked great in my bridesmaid dress...but Ok. I was drunk, I was in a hoodie and a ball cap, and my first instinct is to poke fun at the overdressed when Im feeling somewhat underdressed. It only gets worse as I get older....

So I slyly get my camera ready, walk over to the juke box, and hold my camera down and act like im playing the jukebox and take the picture. It may not been that subtle, as I was only four feet away from the girl and it did require a flash...Judge for yourself.



Ok - Im not trying to be disgusting, but seriously. I HAD to take a picture of this bathroom stall at The Balcony....Im not going to go into details, but this really IS as small as it looks and five more pounds and my chances of using this facility would be SERIOUSLY at risk. There was another girl in there and I was like, "This stall is SOOO small!!! Im totally taking a picture of it for my blog!" It sounded reasonable at the time, but in my state of mind, it was probably the girl in the espadrilles who was later making fun of ME as I took her picture.

Just sitting here watching the bengals game - Tied 10 10 - I get too nervous during these games, Ill probably head to bed soon and check it out tomorrow. John is working 2nd shift all week so Ill really only see him sleeping, as he will I. A nice vacay from his annoying wife! ALthough Its gotta be killing him to be working during a bengals game!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fort-I am so proud of you for secretly taking a picture of that girl and her wacky shoes. I'm speachless. All I can say is wish I was there...that would have been a good laugh! Jami

Anonymous said...

Whatever, those shoes are cute!

Anonymous said...

what the hell did she do? Have some extra ribbons left over after wrapping Christmas presents and decide to tie them to a perfectly good pair of black pumps?tacky,tacky.

Anonymous said...

Notice the person who said these shoes are cute remains anonymous!! JG