Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Yeah...Im pathetic, I know. What do you want to know about my holiday? That I spent probably a combined total of 12-13 hours of shoveling cookies, spin dip, cocktail weenies and other various holiday goodies down my pie hole? Well thats what happened. Drove up to the lake, hungout with the in-laws, Erin, Aileen and their clans...

Oh and PS - I was informed that I was not allowed to get into the box of jarred salsa, apple butter and various other things until I officially made Aileen and Katy READERS OF THE MONTH....


READERS OF THE MONTH:
AILEEN HORCH and KATY STIERWALT!!!!
Way to go ladies!...chomp, chomp, THanks for your support!!! >gulp<
Well, as many of you know, having a house has its ups and downs....heres a recap of our last week:
Below - we finally got our sink replaced in the downstairs bathroom...as you can see - we have mad that bathroom our homage to the McLaughlins and the Carpers...works out as I had a ton of dorm room frames that didnt really "GO' with any particular room...and we needed a place to put john's diploma. The sink in there originally was as old as the house. Corroded out dial knobs and it leaked, bad...all the time. when you would walk by the bathroom you could HEAR it running and you could tighten the knobs to stop it from running. Only took us NINE months to fix it...not bad.



Then we got all ambitious and decided to have our new maintence guy - (Tom, a guy who's business card I found at the local harware store and charges a fraction of the labor + a receipt of what he spent on supplies) put in the sink upstairs. We bought it about six months ago and its been sitting in our living room or our dining room ever since...looks good, huh?

But course, if anything went as planned, it wouldnt be OUR life, right? So the guy gets it all in, but now theres a problem with the drain pipe, I heard statements like, "The previous intsaller did it incorrectly" and words like "Galvanized" and "I cant access behind the wall and I dont want to break the tile" .....So I suggested that maybe he could get to it from the kitchen wall, behind the cabinet above the stairs going down to the den...I lead the charge and helped him remove the cabinet... I felt like an archiologist, only instead of finding what tools our ancestors used to kill their prey, I found out what horrible taste they had in wall paper.....

.....And well....since the cabinet could go right back up....I gave him an "all systems go" on trying to get to that pipe....

Long story short? The cabinet is still on the floor, along with a box of non-perishables, the hole is still in the wall, the sink cannot be used, our furnace is not working...(its 55 degrees in here) We dont know why...oh god...thats a whole other story...someone is coming tomorrow to look at it, in the meantime we've got a fire going which really isnt doing SHIT, and john just got a space heater for the bedroom... We dont know WHAT is wrong...the gas is fine bc we have hot water. Who knows. Thank God we're fat and fend for ourselves in the meantime.

On a brighter note, john installed a new garage door opener and I have a remote and we cleaned out the garage and I can fit my car into it!!! So excited. I want it to snow, so now I too, can be one of those assholes on a snowy morning that DOESNT HAVE TO SCRAPE!!!!! FINALLY!!!! IVE ARRIVED!!!!:




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same pedestal sink in my new bathroom upstairs! Yes, we had to run all new plumbing... but then the floor was already torn up, the back wall knocked down and there was nothing but studs to deal with. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than your situation.

Have faith, Fort. It will get worse, and then it will get better :) (My experience anyway. Let me know if you want to swing by and help tear down drywall...)

Anonymous said...

Our name in lights! This is just the publicity we need! We'll be world famous now katy! we'll soon be getting fan mail from all corners of the globe!! adoring fans will follow us where ever we go! and all because I knew Melissa's weakness....granny A's homemade applebutter! Ahhh,life is good isn't it my sweet Katy?!!

Anonymous said...

Two comments:
1. It is Touchdown John.
2. On our next visit, and if you ask me nice, I'll paint your yellow toilet white. - Dad

Anonymous said...

Fort, if you need some firewood until you get your furnace fixed? We have some that is just sitting unused in our yard. Just let us know.

Tammy and Philly

Anonymous said...

Yea,where exactly do you find a yellow toliet????