Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl Commercials...
and the superbowl in general...
Ok - I wanted you all to have a day to digest all the excitement from the Beer Pong Tournament...and now its time to move our attention to the Superbowl. I have mostly comments on some of the commercials but I want to hear what your favorites...and least favorite ones were...
  • My favorite...the one with that sad little dog that finally has his day after an accidental splash from a car that makes him look like a dalmation...it really tugged at the heart strings
  • Least favorite...the fat checkout girl who has what could only be understood as a public bang session with a grocery store customer whos Dorito flavors got her all "worked up"...ew. That commercial was just wrong. But on the flip side, as much as I hated it, I remembered that it was for Doritos...which, in the grand scheme of things, makes it successful. Often the commercials are so great but you have NO IDEA who or what they're trying to sell.
  • I noticed two commercials that involved non-stop slapping. Were these two different companies? I asked John who did at least one of them and he couldnt rememeber. Again. Funny idea...poor product connection.
  • Go Daddy.com.....what are they selling? Skanky strippers? What is the deal with these ads?
  • I think it would be great to have rain for every superbowl...what an exciting addition - really made the game worth watching.

For your enjoyment, here are a few random comments that were sent my way via email this afternoon:

So we're watching the opening ceremonies by Cirque De Soleil, and mybuddy Jim says, "I didn't realize this was the Olympics." A minutelater my buddy Matt walks into the rooms and says, "I didn't know thewinter Olympics were coming on."

This comment, more than any other, grinds me to my inner core.

I don't know who was the first to use it, but I think I have heard it used in Every football game I have watched for the last few years. It seems to be a staple of Football lexicon.

Here's my reaction: (Sitting watching football game>>with Sara)

Announcer(In cheesy excited voice) And there's a fumble and a pile of players on the field, we've got a SCRUM out there.

ME: You F$$$ing idiot, if anything it could be a ruck or maul, not a scrum. A scrum is a highly organized action in order to restart play. Thanks for knowing absolutly nothing about rugby, you idiot. You're such a hack.

Sara: Whatever, nobody cares about rugby

Fight ensues.

Here's one for you... I heard on the radio this morning>>>that the reason>>> prince isn't dancing anymore is b/c, over the years of>>>hard core>>> dancing, he>>> has injured his hip and is unable to move and groove>>>like he used to.>>> He>>> needs hip replacement surgery. He has taken all of his>>>old>>> videos/concert>>> videos off of youtube so that no one can compare the old>>>concerts to his>>> newer, geriatric non-dancing concerts (uh, can someone>>>say vain?) for>>> gosh>>> sakes, the man is 49 years old! We can expect him to>>>dance like that>>> forever. No one is capable of that - except maybe for>>>alisa. I fully>>> expect her to continue breaking it down like she does>>>for years and>>> years to>>> come.

Screw the commercials. The hype over SB commercials has>>>>gotten way out>>>> of hand the last couple years. The Oprah/Letterman one>>>>was the only one>>>> that was funny. The rest?...whatever. Sorry...I'm>>>>never going to get>>>> excited about COMMERCIALS. I thought Prince did>>>>alright. But, halftime>>>> doesn't need to be that long. The game has become>>>>overshadowed by>>>> everything else. Thank you capitalism!>>>>>>>> ....man I sound old.

Stetson during Super Bowl: (In my worst Dick Cheney Voice) Bah, thisgame has been ruined by this corporate America crap, It used to be aboutNameth winning the game and hooking up with a couple of quality dames.Bah, wrah, These commercial are too long, bah. Whose this frickin'Prince guy. Gimme another wing ... Jesus, my back hurts ... Run theball ... Another frickin commercial ...

Ok...maybe you have figured out who wrote the one second from last.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think I'm the only person who doesn't care about new commercials and what celebrities did over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

And >>>>> whoever wrote the last >>>>>> one could have >>>>>at least copied me >>>>> when they were >>>>>> mocking me! >>>>>>>> I know I >>>> sound like a >>>>> grumpy old man.>>>>>>>

Fort said...

Ha! That was courtesy of Santoli, and I think he meant to hit reply all...and just hit reply. He wouldnt miss an opportunity to slam you in front of everybody...we know better than that.
I wanted to bring it to the masses.

Anonymous said...

I should've know it was Pubee...it wasn't that funny.