Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So we went and saw the Reno 911 Movie this weekend. Ive sort of gotten into this website called imdb.com...if you're a movie nut its a great place to go and read message boards and see what other people think of any and every movie you can think of.





(Can I tangent for a second? I think the best discovery I have made on this site was the message board for "American Psycho" I love this movie, we own it, and Ive probably watched it 20 times - no I did not read the book -.....so I have always been intrigued by the ending and cant for the life of me figure out if Patrick Bateman REALLY killed all those people or was it just in his head? There are some really in-depth message board postings that really defend both sides. If you're into this movie and have strong opinions on the ending...its worth looking into. In the end, I walked away happy because the running theme I kept seeing is that the director intentionally leaves it wide open.)





(One more Tangent - Stacy...I finally put up the curtains in the spare room. I think they look great and can you belive I actually IRONED THEM? REALLY! The iron was all, "Who in the hell are you? What are you doing with my plug?? Ahhhh!!! Im getting hot!!! Am I supposed to get hot??? Nobody's ever done this to me!!! Ahhh!!!" Anyway, here they are.)



Ok - Back to the movie...So Im on imdb.com and im checking out the comments about Reno 911! Miami and I was disappointed to see that there were a lot of people who thought it sucked. I thought it was hilarious....although I will confess that we invited Grandma to the movie (I guess we were thinking it would be as tame as the cable version - WRONG)



Lets just say Roz was a sport and sat through what felt like a 20 minute Masturbation montage that was nothing short of what Stetson would call a "Shakesperian Effort" and a sex scene that involved a naked woman getting slammed up against a window (camera on the other side of the window - use your imagination) I wont go into further details. We should have known.



So ANYWAY....Im reading these messages and I see "Should I take my 10 Year old to see this movie?".....AND THERE WERE ACTUALLY PEOPLE WHO SAID YES!!! Are you joking? I dont even have a response to this!!!!



Now, when I was a kid, Pam had a very strict "No Rated R Movies" policy that was frequently broken thanks to my Best friend who's mother worked third shift and had no policies of the sort. Throw in the fact that she was way mature for her age and you've got a best friend with a lot of perks. They had HBO, Showtime, and a VHS AND Betamax on hand. The possiblities were endless. I would comehome from sleepovers well-educated on soft-core romances and saturated in second-hand smoke. It was a lot like college.

One of my brother & I's FAVORITE memories was going down to Florida to visit the Kneers....this is when Heather and Tammy were still living with Dick & Beck. Heather took nick and I (Still in elementary school) on a rampage of Pompano Beach, the best spot being a friends house where "Hellraiser" was playing on one of those big screen projectors. Honestly, I think that was one of the most memorable events of our childhood - Seeing that bloody dude come out of the floor. We were NOT ready for that sort of thing and we knew it. Thats why it was so awesome. Thanks Heather! See below - This guy is forever burned in my memory:

What the hell was I talking about? I cant remember. Here are some funny shots from the movie. I highly reccomend it. After the Strangers With Candy movie we were a little cautious. "Strangers" wasnt all we had hoped but Reno definitely was that and more. Funny, great cameos, new materal, and enough raunch to get you through the year.

Here's the crew upon arrival in Miami for the Law Enforcement Convention - My favorite getup is Deputy Weigel's cat t-shirt with the beaded, fringed sleeves. She is also shown later in the movie with a "Miami Beach" Air brushed t-shirt. Classy!
Does this guy remind anyone else of Cory Skidmore?
You get a nice shot of Niecy Nash's butt in the movie...and yes...thats a thong.

For those of you who have noticed I am turning into a total fat a$$....I have taken note. Im sure its a depressing combination of the oral chemo im still on, winter, and having a cook for a husband. Portion control has never been in our vocabulary.
I took a walk today up to the Finneytown HS track...started to jog....one lap, two laps. Told myself I would run a mile. And I did it. I was pretty pumped. It was a slow jog but I did it. Im going to try to start getting up early enough to take a 20 min walk/jog in the morning. We'll see how that goes. Im not exactly a bright & early morning person but I gotta do SOMETHING.
Heading up to the lake this weekend. Thats about it for now.
Please comment on your thoughts of the ending of American Psycho or your favorite "Rated R Movie Experince" as a child....im so curious!~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Did that bring back some old memories. By the way, your welcome. Your mom can blame me for how you turned out LOL. You know, to this day I can't watch that movie it scares the hell out of me.

Anonymous said...

Uh, can you say REVENGE OF THE NERDS! My mom worked nights and our babysitter was an Alter kid who smoked way too much pot and would pass the hours with her boyfriend in my mom's bedroom, thus allowing us to watch whatever we wanted. HBO was my sex ed. Now that I have kids I definately have the no premium channel package.

Aileen said...

Cheech and Chong movie marathons at the drive-in with wine skins filled with Boone's Farm and ...ummm....smoking materials. Good times,good times.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, American Psycho. Back when Fort lived on Shroyer she introduced me to two things she swore were great and that I would love:
1) The Shroyer Inn
2) American Psycho

Um, yeah Fort, you were wrong on both! I'll admit that American Psycho is twisted and the ended leaves you wondering, but what a jacked up movie! I'm more of a Boondock Saints/Four Rooms/Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas type of violent/twisted movie gal.

I can't handle scary movies so I just read the spoilers :) www.themoviespoiler.com