Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Heirlooms at thier finest.....

John and I were both estatic to find out that Grandpa had sent home with my mother the family heirloom Ive had my eye on since day one. Some people dream of the day they'll have that antique china hutch or the expensive jewelery collection. Not me....

We now have the best piece of my grandparents home on Mertland Avenue. The Schlitz Malt Liquor beer sign with the bull who's eyes light up RED!!! This thing is vicious! Someday we plan on having a bar in the basement, Until then, we'll keep it in the living room.

Im too wiped out right now to write much. I told john on the way home from work that I just wanted some comfort food.....I got home and he had a double batch of shells & cheese on the oven. Oh how I love that man.

And Im figuring Ill get 15 posts below, you're all on a roll. Thanks for participating. Now take a look at the most God-Awful photo EVER taken of me. Its just wrong. Just one of those awkward dance floor fat armpits photos. Enjoy.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Air Guitar! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I saw that Athens is starting a beer fest next week...sounds like a road trip is in order!
Event Details:
OHIO BREW WEEK CELEBRATES OHIO’S CRAFT BEERS

ATHENS, OH—Ohio Brew Week celebrates the diversity of Ohio’s micro-brewed beers and the independent establishments that serve them. The second year of the state’s newest festival will be held July 16-21st in Athens, Ohio at restaurants and venues throughout the downtown area. Ohio Brew Week will feature 50 craft beers from 15 micro-breweries around the state. The week-long event includes seminars on the history of beer, the history of taverns, home brewing demonstrations, beer-related videos and movies, cooking with beer demonstrations, pool tournaments, local musicians and beer song contests. The week culminates with the presentation of the People’s Choice Award during Saturday’s Boogie on the Bricks community festival.

Official Event Website:
http://www.ohiobrewweek.com/

Aileen said...

Well,there is no polite way to say what THAT pic looks like! What a brave woman to share!
I'm printing off the info on the beerfest for Tom.


He and Mike Craft would LOVE it! After playing nurse maid all this time I think it's just what the doctor ordered.

And,the sign? Stunning!

Anonymous said...

beer fest in Athens?? Too bad we are going tonight! :(

Anonymous said...

The only difference between an Athens beer fest and any other weekend is the quality of the beer. No Coors Light Pounders at this event.

RichardKayser said...

Melissa,
Sorry about the Anonymous idiot. I sure hope your dad never meets up with that moron! In the words of your Aunt Sue, I will try to make my verbage match my attire - no bad words! Ijust wanted to say to you that the passion and intensity and great attitude that you have attacked this illness with is truely inspirational. You are definitely my hero! Keep going with this Gusto for life. I can't think of any two people that would be better parents than you and John. Heck, you have all kinds of help from your parents on raising a child and you know I'll throw my 2 cents in!
I am glad your tests came back so good. Hope you start feeling better. Keep in mind, my mother just turned 90 this past March and she is a 35+ year survivor of breast cancer (They didn't know what chemo was back then).
You look GREAT!
_________
Richard "George" Kayser

Anonymous said...

That will look great right above the rooster lamp! Talk about heirlooms! Ha/ha