Sunday, November 18, 2007

Overheard at my Oncologists Office Friday:
Nurse Joni: "Hey girl, call your insurance company and find out whats going on. All the sudden they're denying all your injectables since July....Check this out >she hands me the fee slip< If you dont get this taken care of, this is going to end up in your mailbox very soon."

Me: "I can tell you where its gonna end up after that."

Im not gonna lie to you, saying that Im gonna owe $88,845.82 threatens me about as much as it would if you told me that the security of the free world depended on me becoming a nuclear physicist. Did they not know I already HAD a mortgage? There are some things that simply aint gonna happen. I will give them a call this week and find out whats going on with that, though. On a MUCH lighter note:

OSU vs MICHIGAN at David, Alisa & Annie's Place!

The Schniebers & the McLaughlins traveled half way to Athens (Russelville/Decatur/Winchester - Ive told people she lives in all three at somepoint or another) for the OSU Michigan game. I remember NOTHING of the game, although, I remember intimate details of the appetizer spread....Soft bagels with cheesy dip, a spicy queso sauce, hot artichoke/crab dip, reuben dip, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp wrapped in bacon, sourdough pepperoni bread, cookies, muffins....ugh......It was so awesome. So awesome. It was well into the first quarter before everyone stopped grazing and actually sat down to watch the gameSpicy queso dip, bacon wrapped shrimp, stuffed mushrooms....Go who? Bucks? Whatever.....
The domestic goddesses, Stacy and Alisa.....these two can actually cook. I have no business in the kitchen.

Im not exactly sure if this is a family thing she grew up with, but since college, Stacy HAS to pose for a fake sleeping picture. Maybe Ill do a post of nothing but fake sleeping pictures. Ive got the time....and the pictures. She is always so amused with herself. Im surprised I even pulled this off, as .7 seconds before I took it and .6 seconds after, she was laughing hysterically:
Stacy and J-Mac nurse a food coma:

Casey, David & Alisa are reeeeely into this game. Did we even win? I dont even care:
Awwwwww....
Pam, this one's for you. I went and checked on the girls once and they were both reading. You'd have been so proud.
"Gimme that chalk!!"
Ok - this is funny - Alisa goes into check on the girls and comes out laughing. "Stacy, go look at your daughter." Stacy runs in and starts laughing. Emma has somehow climbed into Annie's crib, something she's never done at home. We're all scratching our heads. Stacy pulls Emma out and says, "Show mommy how you did that!", and Emma happily obliges....(watch the whole thing- she actually climbs in twice, the second time she struggles a bit and asks for help, which of course she doesnt get)


And finally, I was disapointed to see that no one was really pumped to be READER OF THE MONTH....so im going to picking you myself. Its Sunday, and there's way too much laundry to be done for me to be sitting here blogging all the live long day....THREE DAYS TO THANKSGIVING!!!!

Question of the week:
What's Your Most Memorable THANKSGIVING???
WHY??
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Can we get a picture of your basement with all the dirty laundry? I want to see if it looks worse than mine right now!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I have the BEST Thanksgiving story ever. My sister is always one for showing up the family with the best recipe or most elaborate dish. Really annoying. Or tweaking a family recipe (you don't put BLUE CHEESE in the potatoes and not TELL anyone). Anyway, she had everyone over for Thanksgiving one year, and was bragging on her cooking: "isn't this the best turkey ever, best beans ever", etc. ad nauseum. She had a stove that had a shelf over it, where she had spices and candles on it. One of those candles was white with herbs on the outside. She was boiling the potatoes, and somehow the candle with the herbs fell INTO the pot without her knowledge. As she's mashing them, she yells to her husband, "These are hard to mash. Did you put herbs in these potatoes? Oh well, never mind," and kept on mashing! My brother was the first to taste them. One bite and he literally spit them onto the table! "What the hell did you put in these potatoes? They taste like wax!" This was 15 years ago, and we still bring it up..."Hey Pammie, remember when you made those wax potatoes?" "Shut up!" Priceless! Thanks for letting me share that memory!

Anonymous said...

One of my best Thanksgiving memories is my first to share with the Fortener clan. I come from a small family so the amount of people involed was just mind blowing. I'd been dating Judy only a couple of months and she asked me to attend Thanksgiving at the house on Martel Drive. It was like organized mass confusion. Nick and Melissa picked on each other and all thier cousins. It seemed like there was 100 kids in that small house. But when it was all said and done you could really feel the love that everyone shared with each other. I can't help but think of Don falling asleep watching football with everyone and he starts to snore and they just turn the tv up louder. I just just look foward to many more Holidays together.
Bobby