Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hey Dudes! Check out the new bathroom fixtures!!!
(What's sadder? That intentionally took this picture as a lead in for the biggest story of the week, our new bathroom fixtures, or.....no. That's definitely the saddest.)

So John is working second shift all week, so its just me & Hey. John is trying to call him Guinness, I cant get used to Scabby, and I just have been calling him "Hey"...when he claws on the couch, when he chases is tail on the armrest (an impressive balancing act i might add), when he tries to nose his way into a room he's not supposed to be in....at this point, he responds to "Hey!" ......Drumroll please.........

Here it is!!! Our brand new shower knob & spigot. I was kinda bummed that our Christmas money was going towards plumbing repairs, but until you've suffered with a shower head thats been around since my parents were toddlers and the separate hot/cold knobs, you'll never know the sheer EUPHORIA of having a new shower....
Gone are the days of our morning routines of turning on the hot, turning on the cold, little more hot, little less cold, little more cold....arrgh. This bad boy has just ONE knob, with a separate lever you can adjust the temperature that actually sticks, so the next time you take a shower, it just goes right to that temp! Although I like my showers hotter than John does so I doubt it will stick. THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!! LOOK AT THE SHOWER HEAD!!! 3 different kinds of spouts, visibly more pressure - its a fricking DREAM COME TRUE!!! And the plumber unclogged the stoppage that was going on in the master bedroom sink for free so I was pumped about that. YES! Merry Plumbin' Christmas to US!!!
Oh yeah, Then I was curious to see what my hair looked like from the back. (I dont have any hand mirrors) so I took this picture. Its getting long. Soon it will be in a ponytail, and mom can go back to telling me I look like a twelve year old.
Ohhhhh.....Another El Cheapo home improvement!!!
So this weekend we pretty much holed ourselves in - the weather was crappy so we were just trying to get a few things done. What started as a simple catch up of laundry and linens turned into a bathroom makeover and scrapbooking project.

If you've ever seen our master bathroom, its small, and there are these hideous cabinets in there. Big doors, and they're full of crap I never use. I wanted it too look a little nicer in there, so I made some changes that totalled up to just about $40. I removed the huge cabinet doors, and repainted all the shelves white. They were nasty, three different colors and stained with 50 years of grime and miscellaneous bathroom products. So I painted the shelves white, headed over to Old Time Pottery (Which for some reason I keep calling it Old Country Buffet in conversation, I have no idea why, maybe my Brain only has room for one "Old" style location)

Anyway - went over to the OTP and made a beeline for the baskets. I found these cute baskets for a decent price - $6 each - and headed home. I had an extra set of khaki curtians lying around and one of those cheap curtian rods and VOILA!!!:

I also removed this nasty old timey stainless steel wall mounted cupholder/soap dish from the wall - I tried to find a new one to add to it but couldnt find anything....so I swiped a frame from the downstairs bathroom, and whipped up this guy to cover up the big hole in the wall. It was MUCH easier and more fun than learning how to patch drywall:

And finally, my old school find of the week - Yes I will be wearing these home on Christmas. (yes i took this picture with the timer...Im so pathetic)
MY HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL SHOES - REEBOK PUMPS!! YES!!!
These shoes have been around, but they're in pristine condition. Im glad I never threw them away. I scored the buzzer-beating basket against Centerville during my last home game at Fairmont. Good Times. Fairmont is doing girls basketball alumni game sometime in January and they're going to introduce all the alumni women and you can BET YOUR SWEET ASS I will be wearing these!!! They're going to have an alumni game that weekend but I wont be playing, thats Saturday of our big birthday party at Haps. We're calling it the "ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF GREATNESS" Party - Stacy and I both turn thirty & Pauly is turning FORTY!! One hundred years of greatness. And modesty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those shoes are scaring me...jami
I think you should wear them to your haps party, they'll make you feel young again! HA!