Friday, February 22, 2008

Well, Here Goes!
WATCH THE PORT GET ACCESSED WITH YOUR VERY OWN EYES!!!!!

Joni was out today taking her Oncology Nurses Certification and she passed! Yay! Im sure she'll be sad to learn that she missed out on taking my port's virginity, though. Luckly Nurse Donna stepped right in and handled the situation. After the surgery yesterday they put this clear sticky tape over it so I could shower, and when I got to chemo, I tried to convince Donna that she could push the needle right through the plastic tape. Never have I been in this situation before, but I told nurse Donna with the certianty of a five-year med student, that ABSOLUTELY she could push that needle through the clear tape. She said, "Uh, Ive been doing this for FIFTEEN YEARS and you CANNOT push a needle through TEGADERM!!!! She was right. She took if off and quickly and painlessly pushed the access needle through the port and voila!:


PLEASE NOTE!!! I dont know if its the angle or what, but this video kinda looks like Im showing bare chest. But my falsie is actually on the other side and you are looking at my UPPER CHEST just under my shoulder blade. This is not intended to be erotic.


UPDATE! I cant belive I forgot to mention we have a new houseguest for three days! Dad has been taking a football coaches clinic in Sharonville so he's been crashing here at night for a couple days. Tonight I braved the icy roads to go out and get wood for the fireplace, and Doritos and Dad's favorite Cheese Corn Puffs. I had movies picked out for dad to choose when he got here. The Friday convention was done at 830, and we were expecting him home by 9:00. I called to check up on him, and he sounded like he was at hotel party......

.....He was! He ran into his college football teammate from Wilmington, "Mange", who was there with the rest of his hs coaching staff from Portsmouth. Dad was drinking beer and getting cozy with guys. (I let him take my camera with him to get a shot of his buddy)

ONE LAST THING....Mom had some second graders in the library the other day and was asking them about Presidents day.

"Do you all know why we had yesterday off?" she asked.

"PRESIDENTS DAY!", they all yelled.

"Now what do we know about presidents day?" She gets some feedback and further explains that two very popular presidents were born in February and so we have a holiday each year. She asks the children, "now what do you know about George Washington, the father of country?"

One little boy raises his hand and informs my mom, "He died on the cross for our sins!"

And of course this was the first image that popped into my head.....


Happy Belated Presidents Day.

No comments: