Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Check it out - A deer in our backyard!

Of the numerous things Ive inherited from my father, (Including bushy eyebrows, that in the eighth grade my mother pinned me down with some ice cubes and tweezers and took care of that) I never realized I got the "overreact to deer sightings" gene until yesterday...I came home from work and looked out the kitchen window and there it was! Despite being all the way in the back yard, when I heard John coming in the front door I tiptoed with excitement to greet him.

(whispering) "THERES A DEER IN THE BACK YARD!"

(John whispering excitedly): "ILL GET MY CROSS BOW!!!"

not funny J-Mac.



Anyhoo - I went out back and it still didnt run, surprisingly enough, becuase you can see its cousins heads hanging on the wall in the den if you look at realtors pictures of the house. It will take some time but they'll start coming back.

Two storms blew over last night - the first was like driving through a car wash on my way home, and I got these shots of the backyard as the second one was rolling in.
I actually impressed myself!!





Also - a Belated HAPPY FATHERS DAY to the Worlds Greatest DAD!!!

From your grateful daughter...

....and your couch potato Son & Son-In-Law!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fort,
(whispering) There's a deer AND a cow in my backyard......City folk:)

Anonymous said...

We had a ghetto groundhog in our backyard 2 weeks ago. If he would have had jeans down to his knees and a White t-shirt he really would have fit in.

Sorry I missed comng over to your house last week, but I had to practice my Tennis skillz. Hope to see ya soon like at Philly's party.

Anonymous said...

Fort-You have now been promoted to varsity photography club! I am so impressed with your work. How much do you want for it? Let me know, Jami

Anonymous said...

just one deer, we have three or more everymorning out on the farm

Anonymous said...

if you have deer in your yard, be sure to check yourself for ticks..that's the last thing we need...trust me :-)