Thursday, June 01, 2006



THE CHI-GIRLS! Here are my new friends from Chi Camp! (Just kidding...thats so juvenile...Im an adult & I go to RETREATS, not CAMPS! DUH!) Thats me, Margaret from Albuquerque & my bunk mate...SORRY! ROOMATE, Debbie from Alabama.

The retreat was a nice, relaxing time. Not a whole lot of personal free time, but a lot of discussions focusing on proper form and the rest of the time working on the practice, along with supplemental excercizes and healing circles at night. Pretty amazing! I wished I could have spent more time outside, but apparently they had ticks pretty bad.

Late Saturday after the healing circle I piped up and suggested a morning dose of Chi...threw out one of those "WHOS WITH ME? C'MON! 715! YOU CAN DO IT!" A few hands went up and I figured Id just show up and see what happens. Well, I woke up at 7:09...oops. Gave myself a quick sponge bath and rushed up to the main room around 720 - Luckily, I met Margaret, who was coming out of her room the same time I was!

She was the only one of the 17 who was up for it, so we went up, pushed the speaker out to the deck window, and did our Lift Chi up, Pour Chi Down on the deck at sunrise. Finally got to do something out side. It was nice! (And we got to pick the CD we wanted to use so of course we only did the 9 min warmup and not the full one...I WAS STILL TIRED!)

Came home Sunday afternoon and John came up from Cincinnati and we and the folks went up to Parnells - (disclaimer - we only go to Parnells because its CLOSE to our house, and NOT Becuase it is an ALTER BAR, LAURA.)

I was supposed to go over to Bone's and see his new house but I came home and just crashed....We stopped at blockbuster to pick up a movie, and after mom and I had settled on a nice, romantic comedy, Dad runs up like a little kid, all excited becuase he found Everything you ever wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask... I suggest we just get both, dad says, "Let just get this one"....

Im defeated, but its ok, I fell asleep 20 min into it anyway, except for the time Dad and John woke me up laughing. That was the end of my exciting weekend.

Monday of course we were all off and had a fun little cookout for Dad & Grandpa Roterts Birthdays. Lots of family, and even my old college roomate who was in town from Arizona with his girlfriend stopped by. Pat Reilly & Nic - it was good to see you!

NOTE: Pat seriously called me out on a previous post - remember when I mentioned DIE HARD 2?? It was DIE HARD where Bruce Willis broke through the glass with bare feet. Not the second one. I dont know what I was thinking. (Did anyone else catch that?) Good call Pat. Im usually calling OTHER people out on their crappy movie knowledge....TOUCHE, Pat. Touche.

Well, Im sure you're all on the edge of your seat for tomorrow - another try at chemo. Im taking handcuffs and locking myself to the treatment chair if they dont give me the chemo. Seriously. I was nice the last time but I will throw a fit!

Hopefully I'll feel ok Saturday - cookout at Stacy & Caseys with Alisa & David. Other than that, not much else going on this weekend.

Supposedly Laura and I are going to try and take two with the pottery painting place. That should make for some good fodder tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Ill let you know how everything goes tomorrow!

No comments: