Friday, June 02, 2006



GOT CHEMO TODAY!! Finally!!
Ang came to chemo with me today so we could work on reunion stuff. We labeled over 400 envelopes and even stalled with the nurses after my chemo was done because we still had a few more envelopes to do. They finally kicked us out.

My mom was actually there too, but when she and ang came in, Ang sat next to me and when my mom tried to move a chair over, one of the nurses apparently got kind of nasty with her. Pam, Pam, Pam.......when are you going to learn that you CANNOT mess with the Fung Shui of the chemo treatment room. She then announced loudly that she was "Going to out to my car to READ". Silly librarian.

I got all my chemo, and then we met Jean at, you guessed it: First Watch. When I first started going to first watch, I think I got the Caps for the first FIVE times....then I moved on to the Power Wrap for about the next five times. Im currently on a Chickichanga streak that isnt going away any time soon. My beefcake husband has slowly turned me on - GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!! - to hot sauce so the chickichanga is perfect for that.

Ive got to get this wrapped up and nothing much exciting happened today..I feel like im letting you all down. I dont want these to get boring.

Oh, this was funny. I got home yesterday and Jami had sent me a really nice package. There was a really nice shamrock silk scarve, and super nice card, a green sun catcher cross and, dont ask me why, some crystal fake candy.

I called Jami to thank her and told her that it was BY FAR, the nicest, fake crystal candy that anyone has EVER given to me. I mean that Jami. Really.

But what was most peculiar about the package was when I opened it, there was also a piece of material that looked like it came from a hospital. Now, as most of you dont know, Jami's 1-year old Zach is a miracle. He was born at just a pound, and spent 3-4 months in the NICU. So Jami has been a great rock when it comes to keeping the faith.

So I see this light blue piece of material, and I start to get kind of choked up becuase I automatically assume that Jami has sent me the swaddling blanket that her miracle child was wrapped in while in the hospital. I was touched. Didnt know what to say. Thats when I opened it to find that it was just a bandana from the March of Dimes walk she was just in a few weeks ago. I REALLY give myself a lot of credit, dont I.

So I called Jami, thanked her for the most beautiful fake crystal candy I have ever received, and told her about my misunderstanding of the blue cloth. She called me back a little bit later laughing HYSTERICALLY, and said, "Fort, I want you to get better, but GIMME A BREAK."

So ok. Thats it for the week. Im still feeling ok but I need to get home and get some rest. Cook out at the Schniebers tomorrow. Stacy and i will take notes of all the funny things we come up with and Ill share them next week....or maybe Sat. on their computer while its all still fresh. Our material can be quite good when we get on a roll, and hopefully its all suitable for public view. Stay tuned.

Have a good week! Talk to ya soon!!!

:) Fort

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

Not sure if you remember me; I was Laura Freimuth's roommate freshman year at UD and I recall you visiting us once or twice that year. There may or may not have been heavy alcohol consumption involved:) Laura sent me this link and I wanted you to know you're in my prayers.

Hugs,
Molly Flynn

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get the treatments this time. Week-end must have been good for you.
I enjoy reading your blog everyday. Do me a favor though....can you keep the "Beefcake" to a minimum??? It makes me a bit ill! He IS my BABY brother after all! ICK!! lmao
Oh,and the Rugby house??? They don't have a thing on Jesse and his room!!! Trust me!! Must be a future OU rugger!
Take care. xx-aileen