Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ok - TWO posts today..and this goes out to you Kat...LOTS of pictures!! I posted pics from the "Big Dig" after this one so check that out.

We headed up to Haps last night around 830 and got a nice back spot behind Alligator Purse..SCORE! I was greeted to this sweet cake: (literally and figuratively)


I think its special when you get a cake that has the words "SUX" and "ASS" on it. Not everybody gets that.

It was just your typical, relaxing night on the deck. I was asked about whether or not I would keep the blog up and OF COURSE I AM!!! But what direction will it take you ask? Dont worry, Ive already decided that too.

The other day when I was panicking about Romers office calling be back about the PET scan results and assuming that no news was bad news, I started making ALL SORTS of irrational promises to God about all the things I would do if I could just beat this. This is where I look back and humorously shake my finger at the Big Man because I think he was just sitting up there saying, "REALLY?? What ELSE are you going to do if you get better? Run a Marathon?? REALLY?? Write a book that Lance Armstrong will read about YOU?? GO ON!!"

Ha ha. Very Funny God.

So thats what Im thinking. I told Casey James that last night- about my oath to run a marathon (Shes a runner and did the Flying Pig a few years ago and kicks all our asses in the 5K's) and that she was goign to run it with me. She let out a laugh so hard that Im CERTIAN she thinks I can do it. Oh well. Baby steps. If this turns into Forts Marathon Training SUX, then I promose you it will be YEARS of blogging to come. I luckly didnt put a time frame on this so lets just shoot for sometime before Im 35...(Im gonna regret that someday soon)

Anyway, Ive still got three weeks to go on this last treatment, and one more, so I can drag my feet on the training until I can start to breathe again. I honestly think that when I can breathe again, Ill be so excited Ill just go out and run 26 miles out of pure excitement...ok who are we kidding. Im going to do my four mile jaunt at Winton Woods. But Ill be THINKING about running that marathon the whole time.

Ok - here are the shots from last nite:


Biggest Mike Pours the Champagne for the Campaign!!


Pauly, Harry, Heather, Casey


Thumbs Up!!! Eva, Kat, EBeth & I


Toby, J-Mac & Biggest (I think my husband thinks Im an obsessive sorority girl with my camera so he always gives his best sorority girl smile!! He's still cute though..)


Check out the BIG DIG pictures below...Off to Brimelow for the CinCity Sevens tourney..then off to Philly & Tammy's for the Cincy-Dayton Rugby Summer PIcnic HOO-Haw. (Can someone please tell me what a Hoo Haw is? Would Segal be the Grand Pooh-bah of the Hoo Haw??) Ill be here all night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa,

I've never been on someone's "blog" site before, but had to take a look at your's after reading the "Pay Attention" article you wrote in the Cin Week today.

You'll have to try other churches. I went to six different Catholic churches and not one person spoke to me! Then I went to the Vineyard Christian Church and EVERYONE spoke to me. My kids love it and the folks are very friendly and helpful. Please don't judge all churches from the Catholic church. I would have been the first of very many to stop and talk with you!

Although I can't imagine what you are going through, you give me much inspiration and hope. My son was just hospitalized for four months at Children's and had 10 surgeries. It was an ordeal.

Take good care and keep up the wonderful work.

Donna Ciavola
dciavola@fuse.net

Anonymous said...

Religion or no religion, spirituality or not, what is your purpose in life? I truly think it is to make others laugh at the unlaughable, and to describe life as it truly is. You have been truly blessed, lead on.