Friday, August 11, 2006

FRIDAY QUESTION OF THE DAY
(If enough of you respond to this I might have to make a regular thing)
So, today after my last checkup for awhile with Romer, mom and I went to PANERA!!! First Watch was too busy. As we were getting ready to leave I noticed I didnt have my keys. I sent mom out to the car ahead of me because she gets around like a 95 year old woman these days so I gave her a head start while I bussed the table.
I kept checking my bag, but no keys. When I walked out the door she was standing there at the passenger side door. "I DONT HAVE MY KEYS!" I screamed, to which she only responded by pointing in the window, giggling. Ok whatever. I go up to the car and check the doors on my side and they're locked too.

We had to run over to Fairmont for some errands so I said "Lets just take you're car and we'll call the cops to jimmy it open on our way back"...so we run over to Fairmont real quick, head back, and the cop is waiting. Hes trying to work the lock with the slim jim but suprisingly it wasnt working (I dont have power locks) so he pulls out the big wedgie and slides his little pole through the crack he made (OH! that sounded EROTIC!)......and hes trying to pull the lock inside my door.
Well, the saturn locks you have to PUSH to unlock so he really didnt have the leverage to pull that off. Im sitting down, mom is looking in on the other side trying to explain the lock to him (she thought he had to pull it) so I got up and was standing next to her, looking in, trying to direct the cop. Shes standing in front of the passenger side front door and im standing in front of the back door.
Just because it was there, I grabbed the back door handle and gave it a pull. IT OPENED.
So pam sat there staring at my keys for five minutes and didnt at least try to open the two doors on HER side!!
So I got all pissed and she was laughling the whole time (which actually hurts her side) so I was kind of mad that she was laughling about it but I also knew that it hurt so that made me less mad.
So the question of the day is:
Who's dumber? Me for (sort of) locking my keys in my car? or Pam for not even trying to open her door? Please comment on this.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cop is dumber b/c he didn't check the doors first before working over the lock...men! LOL

Anonymous said...

I call it a tie. - Dad

Anonymous said...

Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest. (In that order)

Anonymous said...

I think you Both are....... YOU also Need to have a 2nd set in Your Purse or wallet as well.....SO You Dont look Quiet so STUPID Next time It Happens in 3 weeks.....lol

rotflol

Anonymous said...

I have to say you are all about equally dumb, its Friday, so thats okay

Anonymous said...

I'ld have to call this one a draw between the 3 of you

Anonymous said...

Pam this buds for you, Jami

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but the award goes to Pam. Dumb is such a harsh word though... can we just use "oblivious to the obvious" instead?

Anonymous said...

Originally, I thought Pam was dumber. Then you spelled laughing wrong (laughling?) twice in the same sentence. So, now I'm not sure...

Anonymous said...

Well, now Stetson is dumbest.
He doesn't realize that laughing is spelled "laughling" because Melissa's last name is McLaughlin..therefore...fingers on keyboard automatically spell it that way.
Just call me "Smartest". (Or smartass)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I vote for Stetson too.

Anonymous said...

Pam, just blame it on the Vicodin! No excuses for YOU, Fort!

Anonymous said...

I think you all are just getting old!! But I will tell you this it made me laugh my ass off. God knows I needed that so THANKS!!!

Fort said...

Smartass,
You're TOTALLY right! I was wondering why I did that and I even tested myself and kept typing it over and over and its amazing how my brain just types laugh - and then POUNDS that "l" key. I mean I cant stop. I tried to spell it right and I couldnt keep the right ring finger off the "l" key. So thats my excuse, Stetson. Now leave me alone!!