Thursday, August 17, 2006


THURSDAY 8/24/06 QUESTION OF THE DAY




(I realize some of you will be aging yourselves...)

What was the first Record, 8-Track, Tape, or CD you purchased with your very own money??
(I picked up this Rob Base Tape at K-Mart shortly after attending Amy Franz's graduation party back in the day...I must have been in Junior high. Those high school kids were jamming to it in the street & it was the coolest song I had ever heard. Still love it. All I wanted to do was get to high school and listen to rap.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be Shaun Cassidy album...forget the name of the album, but it's the one where he is standing with his hands in his pockets. Yes...i am officially OLD...and a DORK for buying that album. I made amends with my second purchase: Pink Floyd "The Wall" on the day it was released.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember with my own money, but I definietely know my first tape I got was the Jets circa 1987.

Anonymous said...

My first was the James Gang first lp (Joe Walsh's band from Cleveland)after seeing them live at the Ohio State Fairgrounds in 196?

Anonymous said...

My first album was AC-DC back in black. I covered up the song Hells bells because I didn't want grandma to see that it had cuss words on it

Anonymous said...

It was a 45! 19th Nervous Breakdown by the Rolling Stones - about 1965 - Dad

Anonymous said...

With my very own money might have been...who is the rapper who sang "Knockin' da boots" ? Hmmm...must not have been very good. And for the record, I had NO idea what he was talking about. ("Ooh, boy I love you so...")

Anonymous said...

Well,not for sure but I know it was a 45 I bought with my paper route money.I'm sure it was something disco.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it was my own money or not, but I know the first 8-track that I picked out was Kenny Rogers - The Gambler.

Anonymous said...

Knockin da Boots was the Candyman I believe!