Wednesday, September 06, 2006

ACTUALLY…..

So I get to work today and Im in the middle of describing this HORRIFIC accident I saw (or at least the aftermath of) on my way to work and my co-worker Tom interrupts me and and hes all, “You know when someone just completely OVERUSES a word?”

I have a feeling I know where this is going….”Ok, Tom….what word to I overuse.”

“You say ‘ACTUALLY’ ALL THE TIME….mostly on the phone.”
“HUH? No ones ever told me that!”
“Yeah well, your friends probably wouldn’t”…

So of course the next call I make Im on the phone and without even thinking I say….”You know what? Lee is ACTUALLY on vacation….did you want to leave him a voice mail?”

Yells Tom from his cube on the other side of the office,…”ACTUALLY!...You said ACTUALLY again!”

Ok, I get it.

So what else am I guilty of, people?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You breathe REALLY heavy & loud when you talk on the phone. Sometimes, its awkward and I don't want to ask what you're doing....

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

stacy

Fort said...

THATS ONLY WHEN IM DOING SOMETHING ELSE AND I HAVE TO HOLD THE PHONE ON MY SHOULDER!...GOSH!!

NEXT!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I wonder if quack is still reading this blog. I use the word ACTUALLY all the time... maybe it rubbed off from you! quack's new favorite thing is every time I say actually, he says, "Indubitably!" And then I just laugh... believe it or not, it's working and I'm actually not using the word quite so much. heh.

Anonymous said...

Will we ACTUALLY be seeing the Silver Bullets on Sat?

Anonymous said...

you're guilty of listening too much to Tom. Hey Tom.....if YOU were actually doing YOUR job you wouldn't actually have time to listen to Melissa doing HER'S!!

Anonymous said...

Sooo, let me get this 'straight'. You only breathe heavy on the phone when you're doing 'something else' and have to hold the phone with your shoulder. I know there is something dirty in there somewhere...let's ponder the possibilities...