Monday, September 04, 2006

Apologies and Explanations!!

What can I say? Upon our return from Florida, I had to jump head first into reunion activites, and in the week following, as you were all expecting fantastic blog updates, I got some crazy ambition to make some minor home improvements...for the last week, Ive been busting my ASS peeling two rooms of wallpaper...Frick thank you so much for the steamer, perhaps one of the greatest inventions after the internet...(worst invention? WALLPAPER) ...painting rooms, and God help me, when the temperature dropped this weekend, I got ABSOLUTELY FALL DECO WILD...Fall is my favorite season of all and as soon as summer shows just a minor HINT of fading away, I bust out the boxes of fall deco, stock up on Pumpkin spice candles and go HOG WILD.....Here are some of my recent fall additions along with my room painting progress:

Mantle with the fall leaves spray, Pumpkin spice candles, and the ceramic pumpkins I picked up at Old Time Pottery..perhaps the greatest store in Cincinnati: Dining Room Table Centerpiece - Fake Flowers I keep stored, Pilgrims courtesy of OTP...
OTP Strikes once again...Harvest Wreath and a cutsey scarecrow. Im so friggin domestic.
Ok - for those of you unfortunate enough to have seen our bathroom before, it was a striking, painful shade of yellow, and when you turned the lights on, the entire hallway would glow with yellow. It was like bathing in mustard. I removed the vanity, painted the room white (White idea thanks to Stacy and her unhealthy obsession with all things white) removed the glass shower doors and added a white shower curtain, new white toilet seat and $2 wall art from you guessed it: OTP!!!

This room has taken up most of the week...Ive been coming home from work and putting in 3-4 hours a day peeling wallpaper and I finally finished painting it last week. Im not a clean painter and the carpet looks like shit but overall I think it looks ok! (much better than before!!)


This is my current project. The goal was to finish it this weekend, but the fireworks train kicked my butt and it was either catch up on my blogging, or work on the third bedroom. The blogging involved much more sitting so it won out. Ill keep you updated on this one...I was peeling the wallpaper all friday and saturday and now I just need to clean the walls and then it will be time to paint again. Ill keep you updated with the results!!!

Keep reading!! Ive got three more posts below....Fireworks Train, Class Reunion & Vacation stuff! Sorry for the delay. I didnt realize how badly you all needed your fixes. Ill be better, I promise! Things have been CRAZY!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 Fisted McFort... Its about time for a Posting.

Hicup

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.,....so what do we have here?? Does someone have a LIFE?!! *ponders for quite some time whether that's a bad thing*
House looks great...vacation sounded wonderfully dull!! Wish I could have one of those......reunion looked like it was a great pay off for all the planning that went into it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your rooms are looking great and excellent job on the bathroom! Big improvement!
kj.

Anonymous said...

Fort, you absolutely amaze me. The fact that you made time to do this after work despite your hectic schedule and in the midst of everything else just blows me away. It also makes me feel really guilty because I've had similar projects hanging over my head for about a year now. Wait--do you hire out?
AmyD

Anonymous said...

So, that room you just got done with, is that where I get to stay when I come down and have J-Mac show me some scrappy rugby moves? HA!!