Monday, September 04, 2006


WEBN Labor Day Fireworks Train to the Ohio River:
Sunday, Sept 3rd, 2006

The fireworks train to the boathouse on the Ohio River was awesome. It got a little hairy before the train departed..I was stressing out a bit trying to ensure that around 200 people had the correct wristbands for their train. It was a bit of a "Cluster" as my boss described it (I was checking people in at the entrance and he was helping people on board, some of which I had given incorrect seating instructions to, giving him absolute fits) but eventually we got the pizzas on board, plenty of room for our coolers and the fun (but painfully slow) trip to the Boathouse was on.
My brother and his crew from Dayton came down and took some nice real estate on the table in the lounge for some drinking games. Let me first say that in the weeks leading up to this trip, when we would have fireworks train meetings, my boss's description of the consist was somethign along the lines of, "well, we've got the Chapel Hill, Birch Grove, Dome, Perry, two coach cars and all your drunk friends".....The Tavern Lounge that we all rode in was affectionately called "All your drunk friends" for the last few weeks...
Well, let me just say that we delivered. When my boss first entered the Tavern Lounge after departure, what was his first sight? This table playing either "Kings" or "Asshole"...what ever it was, someone had made a rule that you had to keep your finger in your nose for what seemed to be an hour. So my boss walks in to see my friends all sitting at the table, wasted, with their fingers jammed up their nose like it normal. The double-take he did was priceless.
Here are some of "my drunk friends" watching the fireworks...spectacular!!
This was the back half of the car..theres Donny & Pam chillin at the bottom of the picture. I think everyone had a great time. I know I did!!!

No comments: