Monday, September 04, 2006

FHS Class of 1996 Ten-Year Reunion a HUGE SUCCESS!!!


The reunion weekend was great...all except for Fairmont losing to Alter, something that still makes my stomach turn. I thought about going into my "why I hate alter" rant, but im going to keep things friendly. Just being at the foot ball game was a blast, and we had about 30 or so people turn out from our class which was awesome.
Of course, another thing I inherited from my dad was the desire to show up to high school football games WAY TOO EARLY...we passed the time by taking sweet pics of the new stadium...Heres Darian, my buddy who used to entertain all of us when we worked at Marions back in the day. He drove down from Whitmore Lake, MI for the event:

After the game...ok...into the third quarter (sorry Andy) we took off for the second phase of the Friday Night events, HARRIGANS!! We had the porch reserved and had a great turnout. Did I say I was going to be nice about Alter?? I lied. Alter, this ones for you!!!

Bone, Katy, JoJo, Me, Michelle
Marisa, Michelle & Goad tell the Knights WHASHAP!

The actual reunion on Saturday was a blast. We rented a GIANT hall and had a little over 200 people show up so we still plenty of room for things like Cornhole & Flipcup:

We hooked the band up with some FHS Basketball uniforms which made for a pretty sweet on stage ensembele...Janicki & Eck worked it onstage! Somebody gets these girls a tambourine!!


Perhaps it has something to do with his "last call" antics...feeding the dance floor wine straight out of the box...this never leads to anything good.



As any party that kills 6 kegs and 9 boxes of wine does, there were some unfortunate spills on the dance floor. From what I can recall, a few people slipped on the butter that spilled from the caterer drippings en route to the buffet line, and the rest were from people jumping off stage onto a beer soaked dance floor...it wasnt that funny until Goad bit it...then it was just HILAROUS!

Here are John and I for one of the brief moments we were toghether for the night...I spared him from making the rounds and he pretty much kicked it with Karens husband Joe for most of the night... (like our outfits? El Cheapo Florida Purchases...my dress? $10...John's Shirt? $3!!")

...when he wasnt breaking it down on the dance floor!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smoking dress $10....the ever hip floral shirt $3......ending your 10th reunion flat on your back in the middle of the dance floor..........PRICELSSS.