Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not painting again for a VERY, VERY, VERY long time...




Well - the room is DUNZO!! Its been a complete pain in the butt, but it was worth it! we originally painted this room for the blue batik we found in Florida...(in the black frame) but then I decided the quilt my MIL made from my chemo scarves (from 2003) would look much better as a focal point - not excactly sure what im going to do with this room. I may turn it into a scrapbooking room so I can practice for the scrapbooking weekend in November - Im going to try out for the varsity scrapbooking team if I get in enough practice...Oprah said once that you SHOULD NOT have a tv in the bedroom - it should only be for sleeping. Seeing as Ive been quite the insomniac I think I might move the TV into the blue room. I also rented one of those rug steamers from Krogers tonight & I must say, I could tell a SLIGHT difference in overall look of the carpet - but when I poured the water out it was NASTY!!
That made me feel a little better.


So just a few minor boxes to empty and the upstairs should be done. Next on the list - remove the archaic looking bathroom sinks and replace with new. Call me if you know anyone who can install these. I dont think John is too excited about the project as he's never done this before and I am envisioning hammers and wrenches as projectiles should he attempt to install them.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fort--I love the color---the quilt looks beautiful and love the curtains!!! Great job!!! Looking forward to the scrabook weekend!!! Jami

Anonymous said...

The countdown to the scrapbooking weekend is on! See you in November!!!

Anonymous said...

DAMN!....somebody is watchin' too much Design on a Dime!.......I thought you went to Marco Island.....not Little Havana!!!
LOL!
You and the site look Great MM.
Your favoritist neighbor living in Pompano!