Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Friday!
Hope I didn’t throw you all in to a deep depression with yesterday’s post. There’s not a whole lot you can do for that occasion and a small tribute was the least I could think of. Now its time to get your spirits back up with this little gem my boss emailed me this morning with the following message: Chelsea and I were at Target Sunday and we noticed someone had rearranged the Smith & Hawkins duck yard ornaments. Naturally, Chelsea took a picture.

PS - some of you were asking when the new CIncy-Dayton Womens Rugby Calendar was coming out - its out..and here's a sneak peak at your favorite bald beauty in all of her splendor..just call me Mrs. June...if it encourages you to buy one, Im by far the ugliest of the group...order it TODAY at www.cincydaytonrugby.com !!!

So yesterday wasn’t exactly EASY, but we get by. Ang sent me the cutest little arrange of flowers in a Halloween mug. I took a picture but I keep forgetting to save it so I can post it. Take my word, its cute.

John and I went to Applebees to “Celebrate” and in an event of painful irony, the staff of 8 STRONG skipped to the booth next to us and sang the most obnoxious rendition of “Happy Birthday” to the little boy with his family. We just stared at each other, shook our heads, rolled our eyes and smiled. What else can you do, really?

I went home, crashed on the couch and fell asleep till 1030!! That NEVER happens!! Im not a napper at all. As a matter of fact, I intentionally DON’T nap, because, I disagree with the notion that napping makes you feel “energized” and “renewed” like all the magazines will tell you. If I take a nap on a Saturday afternoon, I am tired and bitchy for the rest of the day. It has the opposite effect on me. But I did nap, and when John woke me up at 10 30 to go to bed, I STILL fell asleep, which surprised me…

Now for the crazy dream I had.

We were on our way home from Urbana, after a visit with the in laws (we’re going up there this weekend) John is driving in front of me getting ready to turn onto the interstate (in my dream its not the exact same urbana roads) but I turn the other direction because Im going to stop by the Urbana library for something. I take a left and head up the hill toward the library. The library is at the top of the hill and there’s a spot right in front for my car.

Don’t ask me why, but for some reason I take one of our big dining room chairs out – maybe with the intention of sitting in it at the library? But then right before I go in, I leave it sitting out side of the library, kind of like others have left their bikes, only I don’t lock up the dining room chair.

I walk into the library and im only in for seconds when I think, “I shouldn’t have left that chair sitting out there, someone might steal it” so I walk back towards the front door and see some dude walking away with my dining room chair. I start to run, and by the time I get out in front of the library, the guy hears me yell, ditches the chair in an alley and runs off. I retrieve the chair, put it back in my car, and go back into the library.

When I come back out of the library, something is wrong with my car. The tires are turned like someone was in it and it just doesn’t look right. I pull out into the road and start to back up to turn the car around but the brakes are out!! Now Im flying down hill backwards towards the main intersection and I cant stop! I whisk through the moving intersection and see a woodsy area with small trunked trees…the kind that wouldn’t create much of an impact so I steer my car towards it.

(this is a great feat as though Im not a very proficient backwards driver in real life, yet in my dream Im doing it with ease, making split decisions going 60 mph…)

So I make a relatively soft landing in the brush and Im alive! My feet are in the air so somehow the car’s nose is shooting upward… I scramble for my phone to call John, he cant be that far away, and a group of onlookers rush to the car and it seems as though everything is going to be alright.

So I guess if I had to break this dream down, I would say that crazy $hit seems to happen to me at all times, but I usually land on my feet…sort of. John’s always a phone call away if he’s not right there, and Im never short of people running to my rescue, offering to help.

Either that or I have a suppressed desire to stunt drive cars. I don’t know.

PS - John just emailed me & we’re getting TWO FREE TICKETS TO THE BENGALS/CAROLINA GAME THIS WEEKEND!!!! So now its looking like we’ll head to the lake tonight and tomorrow – Bengals on Sunday.

WHO DEY!! HAPPY FRIDIZZLE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

June is going to be a looooong month.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the flower arrangement Ang sent you! Post them soon!!!