Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Random Thursday Thoughts....

Check it out…I noticed that in all the pictures im wearing a hat of some sort…so for those of you who were curious about the hair status – here it is as of last night…just another step of post chemo hair growth – step 1 – peach fuzz, Step 2 – Spikey Boy Hair:


Does anyone else have this problem? I went to fill my tank on my way to my volleyball game last night and stopped at a shell station. Are they now constructing these pumps so you cant “lock” the lever and then “Hang” the nozzle in your tank? Im lazy. Lets face it. I enjoy leaning up against my car for 57 seconds once a week, looking cool, watching the cars go by as the tank gets filled. All I got last night was a frustrating episode of trying to “lock” the trigger and it clicks and stops. Then I keep trying to hang the nozzle and it wont stay. It was TERRIBLE. I left frustrated and only put five gallons in…all because I am THAT lazy. I will never go to that shell station again!!
John made ribs and Mac-n-cheese last night. Then I took his picture:


As I had long expected, and feared, the big tree in the back yard in what seems as if it happened overnight, has taken a MASSIVE DUMP of leaves in the back yard. Please call me if you’d like to come and rake this all up!
And Lastly, I found out this morning that this month I may be going to Cincinnati’s channel 12 to talk about the trains in the upcoming future. The time slot we might get would be earlier than the owner comes alive so I said I would do it. This is what I would be talking about – Brian is my boss - http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060919/LIFE/609190381


It might happen later this month. I bragged about my extensive on-air live interview experience. Once in high school, I was chosen to do the Channel 7 “Fan Cam Ham” report. I went to the Fairmont football game, taped my friends, the crowd, and the game, then went back to the station, cut the footage into a cute little montage, (with help of course) and than sat with Mike Hartsock for the live Friday night sports wrapup. I predicted a Fairmont win over Centerville (which DID happen), walked the audience through my footage, and basically sat there as a poofy banged, brace-face eye candy for my legion of fans. (now that im thinking about it, Ill try and find the tape when Im up in Dayton this weekend and Ill take a picture of the show and share it with you all…its HILAROUS)

thats all - please share your Gas Station Frustrations here:


Anyway, that’s whats going on. This is yet another busy weekend – Halloween Party Friday night, Germania Parks 10K Volksmarch Saturday morning – DII Collegiate Midwest Championship where my beloved OHIO U men are playing Illinois U, then its off to Spoons Halloween Party/Bonfire…Geesh…GREAT PICTURES TO COME!! EIGHT DAYS TILL SCRAPBOOKING WEEKEND!!! >enter Howard Dean-esque scream here<

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fort~

Welcome to my hell!! In Massachusetts, ALL of the gas stations have those stupid locks on the pumps! Now picture this, middle of winter, FREEZING cold, a foot or two of snow and they expect me to get my as$ out of the car and hold the pump!?! Luckily in MA, they still have the some full service stations. So, I have become best friends with those poor soles and am more than willing to pay the 10 cents extra per gallon! Oh, I could go on for hours!

Krause

Anonymous said...

What a nice Green Hoodie.

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog again and this time, I'm bookmarking it!!

So great to see that you guys are doing wonderful and seeing the classic Fort smile again. I gotta catch up on all the posts :)

Lotsa love...always

Anonymous said...

oops, augustgreen -> lola :)

Anonymous said...

The one great thing from when I lived in New Jersey was that all gas stations were full service. It's illegal to pump your own gas. That's king in the winter.