Tuesday, October 24, 2006

To my faithful readership...

Please dont think that my attention to my new blog means Im breaking up with you. Its just that things have been slow and boring for the last few days and so I was inspired to create family blog....and not just my "mom & dad" family....and not just "grandma & Grandpa" family, but the whole FAM - "Great-Grandma & Grandpa Fortener" DAMILY!!

We used to get together every Christmas and those were some of my favorite memories. Mark Ewald, a friend of the family, who I would later buy office supplies from in one of my first real jobs, was always Santa Claus, and by the time I was in Elementary school, there were already twenty some great grandkids, so Ewald, er, Santa, would take over an HOUR calling out EVERYBODYS name.

It was never about the gifts, and when Santa called your name, you went up giggling becuase you knew what to expect....all the gifts could fit into your basic ring box, and every typically went home with some nail clippers, or a tube of chapstick, or if you were lucky, a pack of gum.

There was always a "Merry Christmas" Banner that was made from a dot matrix printer that probably took 45 minute to print....an "M" made of all little "M's"....remember those? How amazing we thought those were?

As the years went by, though, the "Sub" families grew and plans got busier and the Christmas Parties ceased. I started this blog to try and get everyone back on the same page, and updated with pictures of whats going on with everyone...its sad that there's kids who are in college or just graduating that I havent seen in forever! Many of them I babysat at one point or another!

So anyway, thats what ive been doing instead of posting to this blog for the last few days. I promise you! They'll be come great Halloween Party pics and of course, Stacy, Jami & I's (and the rest of the Fortener Ladies) Trip to "Scrapbook Mountain" in November.

Hold on to your hats, folks. Things are gonna get crazy!

So for those of you who give a crap, here's my family blog that Ive got started:

http://fortenerfamily.blogspot.com

Happy Tuesday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on the family blog..I love it! Teach me master!! Jami
I need to start blogging!! I was telling a friend at work about your blog and she was like what's a blog? I was at a loss for words.
Saw Montrose this past weekend, I'll send ya a picture of our old stomping grounds!!

Anonymous said...

Its a Cool site... Maybe It Needs a Copy of the Family Tree with #s of ALL the Family Members and Just HOW Manny #S are on it By Familys......It would be Fun to see What # Amy is ... and Whom the Last Fortener is..... and What # Merideth Might Get....

steve

Anonymous said...

You need to get your blog priorities straight.

Don't make me start sabotaging the family blog...