Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Until the cosmic void drops a new camera on my lap, im going to have to dig up old pictures to keep you all entertained...

Just about FORTY-FIVE hours Till scrapbook weekend!!

Ok - I dug up some pictures from kelts.com - just some random rugby shots from tours and other random events...

Toronto 2002 - John and I had JUST Sstarted dating, and we went to Toronto with the Kelts - En route to Canada we stop at a BK and kenny had some fun with the bottom half of a Shaquille O'Neal cut out...
Once we got to Toronto our bus broke down and the entire group had to ride the subway & walk a mile or so to get to the pitch..apparently Mike Mers couldnt wait to get ready and just decided to go for it on the streets...I was amused as you can see.

NYC 2003 - Of course we had to fit a visit to the Today Show inbetween Rugby Games! Very Cool - got to touch Reuben Studdard!! (American Idol winner 2003)
Sorry Folks! I wish I had more to share.

Last weekend when we were up at teh Lake I was reading one of my MIL's Country Home magazines and got inspired by this spread they had on re-doing an unfinished basement. They just painted the wood slab ceiling and I couldnt belive how great it looked. So I decided that I was going to do the same - its all I coudl think about on the way home and then I got home and went into the basement and im like, uh, this sucks, the ceiling is huge.

(Yes, after my recent journal discovery, Im making "Uh, this sucks" my new catchphrase.)

So its taken me a week but now im back on the paint the ceiling thing. Its gonna take a while and I also got discouraged when I was told that since its bare wood, I have to use PRIMER first. Well, Im lazy and Im going to look for a tinted primer and just try to have it done with...the thought of painting a ceiing with a BRUSH (cant use a roller) just kills me. But I did like 7 loads of laundry in the last three days and the basement is finally getting a little more tidy.

Forts Basement To Do LIst:

Paint Celiing

Change flooring - probably a nicer updated looking vinyl flooring. Id prefer berber carpet, but we dont have the cheese for that...

ADD A BAR! If you know of cheap way to add a sizeable bar or a nice Irish Pub thats lookign to get rid of a solid oak bar, please give us a heads up.

Eventually we want to get some walls up down there but for now, we 're just going to focus on the ceiling and eventually the flooring. Anyone with basement fixing up tips please please post them in teh comments.

Im sorry this post was LAME!! I have to confess that Ive been totally CONSUMED with our trip to "Scrapbook Mountain" as Jami called it...one way or another Ill have some good shots up of that on Sunday! This will probably be my last post until then so please try to contain yourself as you await this weekends update.

I dont know If I cant wait two days...uh, this sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for this weekend! I'm going to scrapbook my ass off!!! Don't forget to bring those scissors I like! The Fiskars...you know the ones I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

You don't want to just paint with primer and leave it like that. I did that once, but the primer stays sticky and will attract dust/dirt, which will be impossible to clean off. Use tinted primer in the color you want to paint, then paint over with a coat of regular paint. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Good luck!

Fort said...

Nooooooo!!! Thank God Ive got scrapbooking weekend to look forward to or else that would have RUINED my weekend! Thanks for the heads up though...