Thursday, November 09, 2006

***UPDATE!!! If you already read this on Thursday...read again my friend...I got inspired after stacys "Fight Club" tribute to scrapbooking and created a photo to accompany....

Ok, maybe you dont think these email exchanges between stacy and I are funny, but I beg to differ...case in point -


From Stacy: (to Alisa and I ....sorry stacy, "ALISA AND ME")

So... Fort and I want to know how your scrapbooking is >coming along?> What we really want to know is, are you down with it? I >mean, can you> hang for an ENTIRE scrapbooking weekend? > > We can start with something small... a scrapmania friday >at> archivers.... just to test the waters > > Your thoughts? >

From Me:

Im picturing alisa crouched and scared sitting at a >table, looking up at> stacy and I standing there as dark figures, arms >crossed, heads cocked> and eyes squinted judgingly, tapping our feet, using one >hand to tap> wiggle scissors into the other....> > > > "are you IN ALISA? Or are you OUT?"

From Alisa:

I know, this is now raised to cult like status. if I have to branded in the intitation, I am out!

From Me:

Seriously alisa, its really not that big of a ceremony....Stacy and I will cut you with a pair wiggle shears, drip the blood on to a plate where we will then take dye-cut fluorescent cut outs and sprinkle themonto the plate, glued to the blood forever

From Stacy:

and obide by these other rules:

1. You will need to maintain possession of wiggle scissors at all times. if any member of the cincinnati scraptastiks (me and fort) asks for your wiggle scissors, you need to present them.

2. You must wear a designated cropping t-shirt for 2 weeks. No washing.

From Me:

If any member of the Cincinnati Scraptastiks knocks the scissors from your hands you have to come over to our houses and do yard work.

From Stacy:

1st RULE: You do not talk about Cincinnati Scraptaskics.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Cincinnati Scraptaskics.
3rd RULE: If someone runs out of paper or breaks their wiggle scissors, scrapbook weekend is over.
4th RULE: Only two croppers to a table.
5th RULE: One scrapbook at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes, but slippers and ballcaps required.
7th RULE: Scrapbook weekends will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at Scrapbook Mountain, you HAVE to crop.


_______
Ok - what I find especially funny about this exchange is that technically, it was directed to Alisa, who, for all we know, still at this moment has not even read the emails that followed....as you can see, it was simply Stacy and I trying to entertain one another. Alisa's involvement in this whole thing becomes nothing more than a prop in our daily routine. Its sad, actually.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
IM sorry - Im not going to reward you with another question of the day until I get TEN responses on that last question...TEN!!! C'mon people - even the ones I dont know...just answer it anonomously...I dont care. Give me that warm fuzzy for the weekend and Ill reward you with LOTS of good pictures from Merediths bachelorette party. I hear they've got LOTS of phallic-related adornments for her Saturday night...and you dont want to miss out on that, do you?

DO YOU???? wink wink.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, good to know where I stand in all this.-Alisa

Fort said...

Alisa - im just trying to depict what happens when the two of us are left to carry a topic WAY too far without supervision. Once summer rolls around you'll be back to keeping an eye on all this...

Anonymous said...

I wasn't really offended, I guess the sarcasm didn't come through in the typing. Alisa

Anonymous said...

9th RULE - You must wear an Ohio University t-shirt.