Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I thought this was funny...you might not, but I did.

So last thursday, before scrapbook mountain, I needed to drive around town and take pictures....roughly a two hour errand for ONE scrapbook page...

One of my scrapbook pages was of three houses that we DIDNT get...I had planned on getting the pictures WEEKS ago and never did. Then my camera broke. So thursday after work, I drove up to Stacys, picked up her camera, drove to Springfield Twp to take a picture of the homes, then back to Reading for that old one we looked at first, then all the way back to Deer Park for the last shot. They needed to be printed that night since we were leaving right after work the next day.

So I hit up the walgreens in Deer Park. My intention was to just print the three shots I needed and go like I can at CVS, but I was unaware that Walgreens SUCKS and even if you plug in the digital memory card there, you still have to wait an HOUR. Since Jmac was working 2nd shift that week, I just decided to walk down the little strip mall and pick up some chinese food for dinner.

So im dining alone. Its unusual after being together for almost five years! So anyway, Im eating, and in walks Elizabeth (Paulythebastards gf & fellow rugby teammate) She's all, "What the hell are you doing in here? dont you live in Finneytown now?" So I explained to her in excrutiating detail how I ending up there, all about scrapbook mtn, and spfld twp, reading, deer park, how walgreens sucks, how this chinese place is good and that I really liked the spicy chicken....blah blah blah...and she made this comment like, "um, yeah, its ok if you miss this area...you had to come back and visit, didnt you" (Our old apartment was in Blue Ash, just north of the Deer Park/Pleasant Ridge/silverton area..) and we laughed...ha ha...

Now tonight, I had my volleyball game in Pleasant Ridge and I had the times all f**ked up so I got there at 7:30....and my game wasnt till 9:30!! Oops...

So i dont live REALLY far from P-Ridge, but I decided to just go up to the SIlverton Cafe a few blocks up and have a sprite and a salad while I waited for my game. I couldnt get a signal in the place, but when I left, I have this voicemail:

"um, yeah. THis is Elizabeth. I was just driving by the Silverton cafe and saw you walking in by yourself...What is going on? are you still making lone visits to our part of town?"...or something to that effect.

Too funny, I called her back and she told me she recognized my "walk" and I was like, "I have a walk?" and she was like, "Yeah"

So then we kept talking for a little bit but I wasnt really paying attention because she said she regcognized my "walk" and all I could think about was how cool it was that I had a recognizable "walk"...

Then we lost all three games like we usually do (but they're good close matches I SWEAR) and then after the game we chit-chatted all that LAME pep-talk bullshit where you say things like,

"you know, I really rather play a good, hard game and LOSE then be playing in that C league with those morons"

things like that...but it would be nice to win every once in awhile.

Oh yeah. I want to apologize for what will probably go down as the WORST question of the day yesterday. I had a brain fart. Nothing was sounding good. But Ive got it now.

On the way home from the aCROPolis atop scrapbook mountain, stacy and I revealed to each other our obsessions with specific KINDS of pens, as well as our favorite Combination of favorite pen and favorite thing to write on.

We both agreed that the slickness of a glitter gel pen on black paper is about the sexiest way to write, with a good solid med. point pen with a sufficient amount of dark ink on a PAD of paper coming in a close second...no paper just on hard wood. The imprint needs to leave a mark on at least three sheets underneath. Gotta write hard.

On that note, the WORST thing to write with is a dull #2 pencil on wide ruled paper. How juvenile.

Thursday question of the day:

What are YOUR anal retentive writing utensil demands????

Sorry...no pics till Sunday! You'll have to just read for now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a lefty too!!! Give me the Pentel mech. pencil 0.5mm P205 or for the pen a PILOT G-2 07 anytime. The PILOTs now come in other colors like light blue and maroon. I'm not anal, am I? - Dad

Anonymous said...

OK...i'll play along in order to get you to post another question of the day. My anal retentive writing utensil demands? Blue ultra fine point Sharpie, preferably used on cardstock so the ink doesn't bleed through. It's my trademark and i hardly use anything else (except my drawing tablet pen for Photoshop, which, technically, doesn't write anything by itself.)

That's 3...come on folks...let's bring this up to 10 to see if she can come up with ANOTHER good question!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't stand blue ink! It just looks so unprofessional to me (I have no idea why). And yes, I can tell a copy from an original written in black ink ;)

I use Pilot's EasyTouch Retractable Ballpoint Pen, fine tip, and have been using them for years. I like them so much that I brought my own to work when I started my new job. The pens here suck. I prefer writing in my notebook so there's some padding under it. Not a fan of no padding.

And every once in a while, I really like the bic pens from hotel rooms :)

Anonymous said...

Here's the link in case you're REALLY interested ;)

http://www.pilotpen.us/products/ballpoint/#anchor_easyTouch

Anonymous said...

Blue Papermate Medium Point, white paper, never straight on a hard surface, always with a few extra sheets below.

Or,

Pilot Precise V7 Fine any color.

Anonymous said...

Blue? Unprofessional you say? I dare say it looks quite cheery (when coupled with my dandy handwriting) and it adds just the right amount of levity to my witty repartee.

Must we all be so SERIOUS by using black ink? And on that note...why can't i submit my comments here in blue ink? Can someone get on that? This is all starting to look WAYYYY too professional with all this black ink around here.

Els
aka Blue Sharpie

Anonymous said...

We are too close not to get to 10

I love a felt pen on thick paper. The fine point sharpies are my favorite. Must be blue, not black or red (I hate red). But really any felt pen is good for me. Too bad they dry out so quick :(