Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Desperately Seeking Xeloda!!!!

So listen to the Rx Nightmare I found myself in last night…This was ridiculous and on the front end let me just say that most of this was MY FAULT, but to remedy the situation should not have been this hard!!!

I should have started my Xeloda on Saturday morning, which meant I should have called the Rx in on Wednesday so I could get it delivered to work on Thurs/Fri.

I was so busy I forgot….and the Mail-order Pharmacy where I get it was closed on the weekend so I had to wait until Monday to Order.

I called it in Monday, they said, “No problem, we’ll get it right out, this is your last refill.” (Meaning I just needed Romer to put in another Rx is all)

So Monday at work, by like 2, Im thinking, it should have been here by now, I should probably have the shipment tracked.

So I call, and they’re all, “Oh, Mrs. McLaughlin, that shipment was denied, you’re insurance is not with us anymore” Oh really? Thanks for calling to let me know. Its just chemo….

It turns out my insurance co sent new Rx Pharmacy cards out, and they switched to a new place. I saw the cards come in and I didn’t even open the envelope, I just thought it was an update of the current plan….WRONG!!!!

So now its late Tuesday afternoon and Im freaking out. I call the new place and they get me all set up and tell me that they can call the old pharmacy and transfer the prescription and then mail it out. That will take too long.

So I ask If a local pharmacy can transfer it and if I could just pick it up from them. They said that would be fine.

So I call CVS, give them the old place to pull that Rx (What sucks about this is that when they mail it, I get billed. To pick it up in person, I have to front the copay on the spot. A gut-punching $238.00 for 84 pills – every three weeks)

So I give CVS the number, and they say it will just take awhile to get the Rx transferred and to come by around 6 or 7

I call before I head over there and they say that they called the number and there was no record of my Name NOR my prescription.

After some tearful investigation, I find that I gave them the 1800 number to the Phoenix location, NOT the Chicago one I was using.

So I call CVS and give them the right number.

They call me back and tell me that they called that number, and again……no dice.

I call the place back in tears and they say, “Uh, no…you’re right here in the system, one refill left, just have them call us”

So I call CVS for the FOURTH time and give them a detailed account number. Its quarter till 7 at this point. CVS Closes at 9.

Ten after 8 CVS calls me and says that they successfully got the Rx transferred and I picked up my meds and finally got my mom off my back about it!!!

I think the Murphy of Murphy’s law was working at my old pharmacy. It was definitely a good lesson to learn about staying on top of these things. I was a wreck last night...and im sorry for making you endure this painful post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the panic attack! Jami