Sunday, January 28, 2007

So...its Sunday and I promised to try and post SOMETHING once a week. I just took this picture...this is what Im looking at right now. John reading a rugby book and watching the Simpsons. I just realized how stacy is going to go nuts when she sees those curtians all in a disarray...Shes been to our house about four times in the last year and everytime she makes a beeline to curtians and "fixes" them. I think the problem is that the floorheater is behind the couch coupled with the fact that we coudl have just put the curtain rod just a "smidge" higher to have avoided the "bunching"....and dont tell me...I know putting the couch in front of the heater isnt the smartest thing, but im anal about where I want my furniture and there was just NO WAY around this.
Another thing that you may have noticed is the two-toned end table. When we moved in we got all excited to paint the two end tables and the coffee tables black to match the dining room chairs, and well, it just didnt happen. We got one end table done, all the drawers and john got as far as sanding and priming the coffee table. You can see it in our basement this weekend. So that corner of the room has been empty for months, just wating on the finished endtable, and has just become a "area" for throwing general junk. Its a magnet for anything I dont want to put way and thats just about everything. So I brought up the table a few weeks ago and John looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "Unless you want to paint this thing this week, Im bringing it up, I dont care how stupid it looks." So there it is. And I bet you wouldnt have noticed it if I didnt tell you! From here on out, we're calling it "character".

Id like to say we had a really exciting week, but we havent. Ive spent all weekend either on the couch watching TV or trying to get the place ready for the Beer Pong tournament this weekend. Im so excited! Ive got the basement pretty much ready...just need to mop and BLEACH the floor and make it as clean as possible...nothing like germ infested ping pong balls dropping into cup after cup after numerous bounces on the floor.

I spent three hours cleaning our room yesterday...we took a lot of clothes to goodwill and finally got the blue room cleaned again. Washed ALL the linens and made the spare room bed, the futon bed in the blue room and got the air matress out...unfortunately the battery operated air pump was corroded with battery acid when I tried to use it. I sent john out for a new one and he came back with a foot pump....um....howboutno. So we'll either have to borrow one or buy one. Either way we should have couches or beds for 10 and plenty of floor space. Im a little concerned about making sure anyone who shouldnt be driving, WONT. But we're all adults I guess, the best I can do is encourage it and thats about it. Here's the bedroom I worked on all last night - MOM!! LOOK!!! I cleaned my room! I swear! Theres nothing under my bed!!!!!

My mom once got so fed up with me when I was in high school she took a broom and I got home and there was like a four foot pile of JUNK that she had pulled out from under my bed. I had no option but to put it away. And as many of you know, I HATE putting things away. In general. One other thing thats been on probably the last seventeen household "to-dos" lists Ive made is to pull the blue tape off the ceiling in the bedroom. I keep saying Im going to "touch up" the paint in there, as there are a lot of "thin spots" which is my excuse to not pull it down....For those of you coming to the beer pong tournament this weekend, feel free to sneak into the bedroom and pull it down. Ill be forever grateful.
That "area" in front of my closet had baskets full of clean clothes that Ive been digging into and pulling from for the last month or so. Ill clean my clothes, but again, its the putting away things Im not real keen on. Whats nice is that John has his own little matching pile on the other side of bed. Between the two of us, there is just no motivation to keep things "tidy". Thats why we throw parties. Its the only way Ill get motivated to do some heavy duty cleaning.

Looking forward to even more cleaning this week...Im taking a half day on Tuesday for the plumber to come and finally fix the bathroom sink...(um, yeah its not fixed yet) Definitely have to have that ready for the party. They think they'll have to bust out more wall (from the pictures before) in the kitchen to avoid breaking tile in the bathroom. UGH. Another "rigged up" home improvement. Who wants to patch drywall when we've got all these big posters in the house. Im sure that poster of Rudolph Valentino will look lovely in the kitchen.

Katy! You & Shane coming down for the beer pong tourney??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fort--we have a lot more in common than I thought. We live out of clothes baskets for weeks as we must be allergic to putting clothes away!! It sucks! PS-Matt looks a lot like the picture of John laying on the couch! So funny! Room looks great...wish we could be there. JBG