Saturday, January 13, 2007

***If you havent taken "The Quiz" yet...I suggest you take it...its posted below.

Another Check up with romer on Friday

Had my regular check up with Romer on Friday morning. Same old Same old. Mom noticed that it has rained for ALL of my appointments. Something just dawned on me as I wrote that. Back to that later..

One loud discussion on "my daughter is lookign for that weight watchers book with the calculator" and two employees helping us later, we all conclude that the book is not there.

Today I took a walk down at Winton Woods. Ive dropped my expensive mp3 player so many times that now the touch screen doesnt work. So I can only play it randomly. Which is ok I guess. I had downloaded my Chi Gong onto it so I could do it by the pond during my walks but I cant do that anymore. There's 2000 some songs in there and It it rarely comes up.

But while I was walking, and scrolling through songs, I told myself that if the Chi Gong routine came up I would stop where I was and do it. A few minutes later, it came on...and it was the 16 minute long version that I hate doing. So I stopped in the light rain by the lake and did it. It felt great. The Chi Gong often gives you this glowing, energetic feeling and really puts you in good spirits. When I finished, I started walking, and what random song came up? The song that I consider JP & I's song. Its by Vanessa Carlton and its called "Ordinary Boy". I always think of my son when I hear it and it just helps me to think that there was something bigger going on and that he was some wise soul who was trying to teach me something....I guess Im still learning.

If you get a chance, Google "ordinary boy"...its a beautiful song

So all in all, it was one of the best walks Ive had in a while. It was dark and overcast and it was lightly raining the whole time. and I was in such a good mood over it all and I was thinking to myself how much I love overcast days and rain. I cant put my finger on it I just enjoy it. Sunny days are fine too, but I was just walking and smiling to myself the whole time.

And It was as I had this "I love the rain" epiphany that I remembered that mom mentioned that it has rained for every one of my appointments for as long as we can remember.

Just because it looks like rain, doesnt mean its gonna suck.

One more thing, I get these bone strength injections when I go to chemo and I was talking to a woman who had a great new saying:

"Smart is the new skinny"

love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so no one is worried...Fort is not still getting IV chemo. I read this entry and called her right away like, "Hey, have you been keeping your chemo a secret from me?" She still takes the pills but none of that liquid poison. Just so everyone knows.