Sunday, January 14, 2007

This post is dedicated to Cole Slaw and Sweet potatoes

Ok - so for almost 30 years, I have always felt secure in the idea of what foods were on my "I dont like these foods" list. Cole Slaw and sweet potatoes are definitely on this list. Every now and then, Ill put a spoonful of slaw on my plate and eat it for the sake of being at a cook out, but OFFICALLY, my stance is that I dont like either.

Until now.

A few weeks ago when we were over in Oxford for Brendans cookout, He had a massive bowl of cole slaw that, I, out of "cook-out obligation" scooped a small amount onto my plate. That was the beginning of something great. As if he had laced it with cocaine, I was heading back for more a few minutes later.

"Whats up with the cole slaw?" I asked. "Its really good!"

"Bleu Cheese"

Ahhh.......Ok, so long story short, I am not only EATING slaw with enthusiasm now, but I actually MADE a batch yesterday....with bleu cheese of course. You may think it sounds gross, but its not. Its awesome.

And sweet potatoes. Again, my offical stance is that I do not like sweet potatoes (Although I will admit muching on some SP chips at some point)....So John starts cooking dinner tonight and I see that he has two big sweet potatoes boiling. I dont say anything, even though I know for a FACT that we have had the discussion that I didnt like sweet potatoes, I dont do the cooking, there fore I dont complain.

So I run out to pick up my rx of Ambien and when I get back? Whats waiting for me? See the photo above...Its Sweet POtato Fries. That guy chopped those sweet potatoes up and fried the suckers, and they were AWESOME. Lets not even mention the side of chipotle mayo he whipped up. ....it was so incredible I took a picture of the plate.

Never say never!!!! Switching two more foods from the DONT LIKE list to the LIKE list probably will not help any future diets I plan on failing, but whatever. It was worth mentioning.

Kat - sorry I didnt call you back. John wasnt feeling well yesterday and I didnt get your message until later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. Why won't my man cook...and cook sp fries at that!!! You are lucky! Jami

Anonymous said...

Fort....

Sounds Yummie....i never thought about it...mmm I'll have to try it ...
By the way Happy Belated Birthday...is it like 30 ...????
Your Old NOW .... LOL....