Monday, February 12, 2007

I dont have a whole lot to say...just a few "Points of Interest"

(Above - New Scrapbook Basket, purchased at OTP, anxiously awaits being hauled off to Scrapbook mountain)

Im actually going to "Bullet Point" some random thoughts from today....

  • We're supposed to have some bad weather come through tonight. I got all excited because our office prepared to have a skeleton crew tomorrow...but guess what...its quarter till 12 and...NOTHING!!! arrrrgghhhh! Im praying for at least some early am frozen rain..just so I can sleep in a little!
  • Today I was writing my "Scrapbook Weekend To Do List" and I came to this awkward conclusion. Whereas some of you "Think to yourselves", I have found that I may "Think to Stacy"...I know this may sound creepy but the proof is there. I was writing my "Events" section of my "To Do LIst" (I had three "sub lists" under "to dos": "To Buy", "To Pack", and "Events". In case you didnt know, I average about seven "To Do" lists a day, and I also average completing about 20% of the items on the list.
  • A second bullet point is not actually correct in this case since I am carrying on from the previous bullet point, but Im trying to keep the text even. So anyway, Im writing my list, and one of my "Events" is "Your Wedding"....and by "your wedding" I mean Stacy's wedding in Florida that really served as our second honeymoon. Anyway, I thought that was hilarous.
  • I am finally getting excited about Scrapbook Mountain...can you belive we're going back this weekend? Ill have plenty of pics. I plan on doing a scrapbook on 2004 - alot went on that year!!! our wedding...reception...Savannah....Schnieber wedding....
  • I keep "Slipping" out the word "Hun" in phone conversations at work. I am not the type of person to say the word "Hun" nor am I comfortable with it. But it keeps coming out. "Thanks, hun, let me see if hes at his desk"..."Alright, Hun, Ill talk to you later" Its making me feel old. I am uncomfortable when it even comes out of my mouth but nonetheless, its coming out.
  • Played volleyball tonight and won 2 of 3 games against the best team in our league. They had won NINE straight games. It was fun. Karen and I carpooled and we went to Meijers afterward since she needed socks and diapers and I needed curtain rods...we couldnt stay long though...had some time since we had a 730 game and THE HILLS isnt on till TEN!!!
  • While we were at Meijers, I could not help but notice (PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOTICED THIS TOO) that Meijers???? Is starting to look A LOT like WALMART.....The signs, the setup...its too weird. Despite my fanatical liberalism, I still cant pry myself from Walmart. Its too sexy. Im trying.
  • We walked out and noticed these new "Kiddie Carts" that are like little cars and have TVS in them!!! I started to pull one out and Karen said, "Fort, I dont think those show THE HILLS"....touche.
  • Stacy bequeathed me more curtains this weekend. They'll look great in the spare room. Ill take pics and show you. She gave them to me and added, "Go right ahead and Iron those first." We laughed. She knows I dont iron.
  • Im thinking about doing a photo show - "A day in the life of Fort" ....just thinking about it. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
  • I have a PET scan Friday in Dayton before I head off to Scrapbook Mountain atop the "A-CROP-olis" I think im definitely going to do a photographic documentary on the experience...you should ALL experience the Pet Scan. It should be a riot.
  • Yesterday I noticed in the refrigerator that someone had brought Zima XXX to our beer pong tourney and left two bottles in the fridge. I showed john and we laughed. Zima. My first buzz. I think it was the softball teams end of the year party my freshman year and someone brought a CASE of bottled zima. We all drank two and got CRUSHED. And im sure there was toilet papering involved. Anyway, I was making fun of it.....
  • And I just FINISHED the second one. Tasty. I googled it to try and find a picture of a bottle and didnt like what I found: a "Nutritional Value" link that ranks it in at a WHOPPING 231 calories per bottle....
  • But as Sweet, Sweet, Darian reminded me last weekend, "Fort! Dont worry! Those are empty calories!"

Happy Tuesday! No question....you need to answer the ones in the last post first...not enough responses. :)

4 comments:

Aileen said...

During our training when I started at Walmart all I heard was how Meijer was our biggest competition . They also pointed out comparisons in marketing that Meijer was imitating. Personally,I think they need to work on their own concepts. otherwise,they just appear to be acknowledging they are 2nd to Walmart.

As for the new basket,it's really cute. But,I can't believe that you can get everything in that little thing!! I must have really become a junky! I have a huge wood cabinet with oodles of drawers and space. it';s my little work bench. I used to have all my jewelry making supplies in it. Of course,I am trying to get all 24 albums into scrapbooks by Spring,so it's a bigger project,I suppose. Maybe once I've caught up I won't have to look quite so obnoxious. Have fun this week-end!

Anonymous said...

I am calling Marisa out on bringing the Zima. When I saw it at the party I took a mental trip back to high school...capri lanes, cigarettes, zima, a cute boy, and fogged up car windows. HA! Good times!

Anonymous said...

Gotta Love The Empty Calories...

Now, if only I could convince my stomach of this scientific fact!!

Anonymous said...

I'll iron your curtains! :)