Wednesday, February 07, 2007

If you gotta wake up cold and pissy, this is definitely something that change your mood......
I dont know what posessed me to look out the front window this morning. I usually have just enough time to run into the shower, quickly dress and head out. "Taking in the scenery" has never been part of my morning repitoire. But for some reason, I peeked out the front window and saw this GLORIOUS (Yes..I said Glorious) sunrise! Don't ever forget that just because you arent on the beach doesnt mean you cant enjoy the view.....
Patty sent an email out this morning about having two extra tickets to the Xaiver/St. Louis game so of course we jumped on that! Game started at 7 - Good Game! XU had lost at SL earlier in the year so it was going to be a good game - XU pretty much handled them though!

Halftime show was great....two dudes on a trampoline. It reminded me of my favorite Jack Handey quote: "If I ever opened a trampoline store, I don't think I'd call it Trampo-Land, because you might think it was a store for tramps, which is not the impression we are trying to convey with our store. On the other hand, we would not prohibit tramps from browsing, or testing the trampolines, unless a tramp's gyrations seemed to be getting out of control."


Here we all are! This picture in NO WAY conveys how excited Dan was to catch that ball from the cheerleader, and yes, I realize how fat Im getting , its just the winter and Im just having a hard time moving in general. Great time! Thanks Patty & Dan for the invite!!!

CAN YOU BELIVE THAT WE'RE GOING BACK TO SCRAPBOOK MOUNTAIN IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS??? AYE!
THURSDAY QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What is your favorite Jack Handey Quote???


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 favorites from Jack Handy.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty long, but I like it: I remember that fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," the Coach said,"you never really were on the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought, something is brewing in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on. --annie

Anonymous said...

Great eye Stacy! JG

Anonymous said...

Yea,I was trying to decide if that was a bad wig or alot of work and a can of Aqua net. The poor girl next to her is sitting up as far as she can so as not to seem that she is with her.

Anonymous said...

annie,

THAT ONE IS MY FAVORITE TOO!!!!
- Fort's Dad

Anonymous said...

If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting

When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Anonymous said...

If you want to be the most popular person in your class, whenever the professor pauses in his lecture, just let out a big snort and say "How do you figger that!" real loud. Then lean back and sort of smirk.
I love to go to the schoolyard and watch the children jump and scream, but they don't know I'm using blanks.
When Gary told me he had found Jesus, I thought, Yahoo! We're rich! But it turned out to be something different.
I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!