Monday, February 26, 2007

Ok - Im just getting around to the Sunday write up because, well. I cant drink draft beer like I used to and I was sleeping all frigging day and I was a total waste of space. I wont even mention that ANOTHER bird got into the basement and John "took care" of it. Lets just say my way involved wafting breezes of positive energy towards the bird to make it fly away, and John's "method" involved a tennis racket and a gesture of "putting it out of its misery" under a soaked rugby jersey. Dont ask. Annnnnyyyywwwaay....

So Saturday night Angie, Ryan, Jess & I were supposed to go to the Reds/Bengals Basketball game. If you got excited thinking we were going to see Carson Palmer cherry pick to Chad Johnson for the alley oop...you'd be wrong. Once we realized it wasnt going to be the star-studded event we thought, coupled with having some "pre-drinks" at the Holy Grail during a downpour six blocks from the arena...well...you do the math. We ended up staying at the Bar the whole time, and proceeded on to Tostados...which was the Beer Haus the last time I was there (WHEN DAVID AND ALISA MET - Oh dear God I need to get out more)

So we get to Tostados for some serious karyoking....look who I run into! Its Krause's friend Emily - admittedly the best singer in the house - Emily drove me back to the 'nati once in college and we bonded over a shared love of Christopher Cross. Good times. Its our thing. Here's Emily singing:

Ok - Below is Jess (the blonde) and her co worker singing something from Journey. Dont stop belivin' Maybe? I cant remember. (see reference to draft beer above) Ok - for all you people who have scrapbooked with me - I have a confession. You know all the signs and lettering you're all making me do? Well, I lack artistic integrity. I totally ripped it off from Jessica. She lived on the second floor of Jeff Hall at OU (ang and I were on the third) and she always made these awesome signs for everyone. And I started doing it too. Invested in some crayola markers and went crazy. The important thing is that Im not afraid to admit it. And I confessed it to Jessica this weekend. She didnt seemed to bothered by it. Anyhoo - Thats her below:


Id like to take a moment to make a public apology to not only all the people in the bar, but to Stevie wonder himself, for my horrendus, not-drunk-enough-to sound-ok rendition of "Yester-me, Yester-you, Yester-day"...I am NOT KIDDING. I sound GREAT when I sing this by myself with the volume all the way up.

This is Greg - he got me all excited that he was going to sing, oh geez...I cant remember...Raindrops keep falling on my head maybe? I was really excited to hear it but obviously not excited enough to remember exactly what it was. All in all it was a good night, but I woke up the next morning and was WORTHLESS and slept most of the day. Im worried. This weekend is the Dayton Rugby Fish Fry, and I usually find myself in rare form in these $10 all you can drink nights. Wish me luck.


TUESDAY QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What jobs did you have in high school?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worked as a dietary aide at a retirement home--loved it! JG

Anonymous said...

Worked at McDonald's, not that horrible most of my friends worked there too.

-Dan

Anonymous said...

Baywatch/Kettering Rec Center SUPER Lifeguard and Marion's Piazza Pizza Slinger (The ACTUAL Marion Glass told me that I wasn't very efficient at the cheese 'snow plow')...for those of you that don't know...this is a very official pizza constructing term. Apparently, I ended up getting more cheese on the floor than on the pizza. Good times! Thank God banking worked out for me! Close one...

Anonymous said...

I was your most responsible games/rides operator at Coney Island in the Nati. I was great at balancing the Ferris Wheel, it only went the wrong way a few times! -Kat

Aileen said...

Actually,my best paying job was the summer after my freshman year at OU. I worked at Kiser State Park and 3 days a week I scrubbed outhouses. After scrubbing all 13 of them down my supervisor would come around and inspect the shitters. If there was one speck clear down in the porcelain I had to do a redo. And , every other day I had to dump trash. Do you realize how many people throw fish into a dumpster instead of back in the lake? Had to leave ,though,when the peg leg supervisor kept trying to feel me up.
Erin and John better appreciate Mom and Dad's help with school because that is what I got stuck with. A shitty job and a ton of loans. Still paying for it. For every $1,000 a year I pay on my loan they nail me with $2,ooo in interest and penalties. Paid that loan back 10 times over and will still never see the light of day. And,it was only a $1,500 loan.
High School? I worked for Dad. Then worked of troutwine's market and learned how to fly food through the check out. Good training for when I worked for HR and Block as a bookkeeper for the Dayton north district office. No scanners then,just fast fingers.
Did I mention I have been paying a $1,500 student loan off for 20 years?? Our government sucks people! I was born too soon. Mom and Dad helped Erin and John through school and they got a trip to ireland and all I got was a sheep t-shirt. Got some great pics of halloween at OU though. I guess there's a pay off there. Almost worth $12,000.
John did a hell of a lot better with that Political Science major than I did though. He's a sexy Rugby star with a good job and a hot wife. And,no matter what Melissa says about him he's #1 to me. He did our parents proud and I love him. He's followed his dreams which Dad gave up for the family name. But,doing your wife proud is the best thing you can do.
If my uterus wasn't so worn out I'ld rent you 2 some space. But,things will work out for you two. You two are awesome together. I'm not real touchy feely most of the time but I respect the relationship you have. Melissa,you have the most incredible strength and spirit I have ever seen. I've had several friends who have battled cancer but they didn't have the power you do. You totally amaze me with your spirit. I love you both.I've done your tarots...you have great things ahead. What was the question again? lol

Anonymous said...

aileen wins...

Anonymous said...

I worked for a construction company building a greenhouse one summer. It wasn't bad except for the couple times a piece of glass broke over my head after I lifted it up to someone. I also spent all my college summers working for the Wellington Street Dept...concrete, asphalt, and a ton of other misc stuff. Awesome job...Had a lot of friends working there, and you could get away with a lot of goofing off after you were there a while.

And I do a mean rendition of "Light My Fire" by The Doors.

Kate said...

I worked at I Can't Believe its Yogurt, Fox Cleaners, Chmiels Market, Yankee Station Auto Bath, and Pharmor.