Monday, March 19, 2007

"Its sucking super-cooled air into the troposphere!!! "
Before I go on and on about our busy St. Patricks Day weekend...I have to say...they've had this movie, "The Day After Tomorrow" on a continuous (and might I say aweome) loop on FX or TBS for the last week....I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I dont know why I love these End of the World as we know it movies...perhaps its a guilty pleasure...when you get cancer and you have that impending threat of missing out on a few of your later years, its comforting to think we're all gonna go in about 10 years anyway. Its purely selfish. Ive been obessessed with this movie since I saw the trailer online while I was working at medcost. Im enchanted by the girl singing in the background...."ahhhhh-AHHHHH" throughout. Its great. Check it out:
St. Patrick's Day: Cincinnati Style!

John walked in the parade with the Hibernians...If you dont know what that means, Think Knights of Columbus for the Irish. We got there super early, and walked around checking out the other floats & Such...above is John posing in front of three (of about 12) of the Delorians....There is a Delorian Owners club in the area and they get into all the parades. Only the generations that still love Back to the Future get excited about the Delorians..

I wasnt crazy on the idea of going to the parade by myself, but thankfully Karen & Sam joined me on the cold morning. Sam was a riot! Just old enough to appreciate a parade - she was quite the center of attention when the bands came by and she would step out into the street to dance. Too cute.
Um...ok. In case you were wondering, the best time to commit a crime in Hamilton county is during the St Patricks day parade..a consist of what seemed like every Hamilton County Police force/Bomb Squad/K-9 Unit/Homeland security vehicle was in the parade, and if I might add, was just a little "too much"....Maybe its just me but Id love to see some money put into improving our public schools over these pristine, seemingly unused bohemith sized Homeland Security mascots....(ok, off the soapbox)

Sammy loves her Aunt Fort!


Surprise, Surprise - onto Haps after the parade. I dont have great memories from Haps - Actually I dont have memories at all - Alisa & David, Stacy & Casey showed up around 6-7 and it just got crazy from there. Just about all the kelts were there...some had been out at the bars since 5:30 AM!!!! no joke. All in all a good time....here are some pics!





Sunday I woke up with a massive hangover, John woke me up at 1030 for 11:00 mass at Holy Trinity in Norwood with the Hibernians, followed by brunch with the group at Molly Malones....
So i am NOT feeling it. I did nothing to my hair, wore no make up, I was so out of it I didnt even take my purse. It was bad. And of course we go to the only Catholic church this side of the Mississippi that has a band....drums included. Oh geez. Cant....drink...any....more.
Brunch was nice, came home and hit the couch for another solid eight hours. I am so lame. Definitely not drinking (a lot) friday night on Alumni weekend.


No comments: