Thursday, March 08, 2007

So....I was playing around on slide.com and created this nifty little slide show to put in my profile column on the right...

But its being a pest and its bumped it way to the bottom. I think the last few times its done this its recorrected itself so here's to hopin.

For those of you on my myspace page...this is nothing new. It extracted all those pics but put a cute little frame and sparkles on it.

Something you can enjoy all weekend!

We'll be at the lake Fri/Sat/Sun.

Im ripping off the question of the day from some emails that were sent between Stacy, Andy, Jennings & Stetson today.

WHAT SONG BRINGS BACK SPECIAL MEMORIES TO YOU AND MAKES YOU SMILE?
Here's what the gang had to say:
STETSON:
I went to a Browns game a few years back when I was home for Christmas. While sitting in traffic after the game, we were playing Release by Pearl Jam. Some wasted guy walked by and he started singing very enthusiastically. So we turned up the radio and he started performing for the car in front of us. He NAILED it. I didn't realize how much I liked that song until that moment. After the song was over, we watched as wasted guy drastically searched for an open building…he had to pee really badly. He wasn't having much luck, so he probably just used the street like everyone else.
STACY:
everytime I hear "the thong song" I think of santoli spring quarter of my senior year constantly singing "thong, thong, thong, thong, thong" as loud as he can and then yelling to everyone that they totally listened to that the WHOLE time while they were on spring break. At the time, it was really annoying but now its funny.
ME:
I happened to BE on that spring break and I agree!! It was a PHENOMENON! Although my "Thong Song" spring break memory is when Enright, Drexel and I showed up at the hotel where the OU men were and we walked in on aTiki Bar "Hot Body Contest" and Teague was dancing to the "ThongSong" completely naked with his daiquiri glass covering up is "nether region"....this fat manager/dj lady was freaking out because you could not get naked.
And finally, JENNINGS! (Ok her married name is Amy Trout, her friends too, have trouble letting go of the maiden name:
Sirius is a life-changing thing..... just like Zyrtec. Anyway, we have Sirius in each car, at work, and at the house. I'm hooked on the 80's channel, but I guess that's because, unlike the rest of you, the 80's>> music>> brings back the memories of HIGH SCHOOL. (Sorry Andy, I beat you to> it.) I can sing at least the chorus of every song on the 80's channel. Trout, who graduated high school in 1995, is always trying to stump me and says things like, "I bet you don't know THIS one." I always do, though. SO many songs make me smile. But I'm going to choose the song by> Modern English, I'd Stop the World and Melt With You.... It reminds me of my>freshman year of college at Oswego State. My friend and I always went to this super-dump of a bar, where this song would be played at least 10 times>> a night. (It must have been the reason I took so quickly to the Cat's> Eye - dumpy bar where the same songs play over and over.) The bar was so>> gross that you had to have special shoes to go there, because they are>guaranteed>> to get ruined. See, it was a horse barn before it was a bar, and it>still had an "earthen" floor. So, every night, at the end of the night, the floor was one big mud puddle. At closing, the workers would get out a> big>> hose, and spray all the cups, cigarette butts, and whatever else, out> the>> doors where other workers would rake up the mess and put it in trash> bags.>> Oh, and I met my first college boyfriend at that bar. Good times.
HAPPY WEEKEND!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at a party freshman year with Stacy and a friend of mine from high school. The party was at lakeview and Dave Leary was with us too. I was slow dancing (I know embarrassing) with Dave's friend Ryan and the NO Doubt song--"Don't Speak" was playing. I was like I love this song...he was like, you've never heard this? it's No Doubt. Everytime I heard that song, it brought me back to dancing with Ryan, my ideal college guy at the time. No, I didn't marry him, but I did name my son Zachary Ryan. There will always be a peice of him with me...jk, Matt's middle name is Ryan. Jami