Thursday, May 03, 2007

Am I the only one completely emotionally drained from this two hour episode of Grey's? What the hell?? I knew that they were going to spin off Addison onto her own show, but I felt a little blindsided by this double-decker of an episode. I dont remember hearing that this was going to be teaser for this new episode, so right off the bat, I was rolling my eyes at the crafty programming of ABC...


And then all of the sudden, Im WAY into this new show....actually the new show was better than Greys!


Big props for bringing back that dude from "Wings"....what a hottie! And Omar Epps as "Dr. Feelgood?" You aint kidding!



So anyway...im pumped for what ever new show they've got on the burner, even if they did trick me into watching it.


We havent had a question of the day in a long time.



Today I noticed a driving habit that ANNOYS the CRAP out of me...and I will not shy away from saying this is ALWAYS a guy thing.....


What is the deal with guys making a turn and having "Make it wide"....you know what im saying? Like, Im driving in a two lane road and the guy to my left almost comes into my lane before making a left hand turn. I HATE THAT!!! IT IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY!!!! This is not Hazard and you are neither Bo or Luke Duke. Does anyone know what Im talking about? Is any one else annoyed by this??



Another thing that drives me crazy, is that face people make when they're blowing on hot food. You know, when you purse your lips and flare your nostrils to let out a strong and directed blast of air to hot soup? I dont know if I have some genetic aversion to this "look", but to me, its like scratching my fingernails on a chalkboard.



On a funnier note, Stetson wrote a blog about what annoys him most. A piece entitled, "Jimmy Buffett is a talentless Hack"....you can find it on his myspace page. He rants on and on about his deep seeded hatred of Buffett, or more importantly, parrotheads. Here's an excerpt:


"I was wondering what I'd do if I somehow managed to get free tickets to see Buffett? At first, the obvious choice seems to be selling them on ebay. But, I had an even better idea. I think I would go down to the concert and tailgate for a little while. Then, when people started to make their way into the show, I would move up to the front gate while announcing, "Hey guys, I got 2 free tickets right here…front row. I can't go, anyone want them???" Then as they started to get excited I'd yell, "Too bad!!!" and light them on fire. As they are reduced to ash, I'd yell "Jimmy Buffett Sucks!" and skip away to a chorus of boos and middle fingers. I don't think you can put any monetary value on pissing off some parrotheads and denying them good seats."


I guess if you're not from around the midwest, or worse, Cincinnati, you might not know of the absolute obsession people have with Jimmy Buffett around here. Riverbend at times have sold out three or four shows in one weekend. I wont deny that I went to two Buffett Concerts, one in high school and one in college....but in my defense, I was so drunk that hardly even saw the concert at at one, I was making out in the parking lot the whole time, so I would hardly consider myself a parrot head. But let me tell you how awkward it is hopping off the chartered bus, 18 years old and wasted, only to see your volleyball coach hanging out with a group of people, doublefisting margaritas....


So anyways, we were driving over to Stacy and Caseys last night and there it was, a car in front of us with a "University of Margaritaville" sticker in the window, a Margaritaville licenseplace frame, and of course, vanity plates that read "FINZ 1" (Fins to the left, fins to the right)


but a question - if you hate Buffet so much, how come I saw you at one of his tailgates??? Hmmmm????


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh... you stumbled upon my pet peeve. Vanity plates - I despise vanity plates. -- Misti

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I'm going to have more people trying to convince me that Buffett rulz?

Anonymous said...

Dr. Feelgood is Taye Diggs...duh Fort