Sunday, May 06, 2007

My Blog "To Do" List:
I actually pulled out a piece of paper today and wrote down five things I wanted to remember to write about today. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Aliens
2. Nose Breath
3. Not Hungry
4. Chocolate Malts
5. Blue Room
So, in no particular order....lets start with the obvious. The blue room is blue no more. It lasted all of a year and I finally had had enough. I think maybe the biggest thing I hated about that room, other than the blinding blue latex paint that was made worse by being latex, and reflecting a white glow, was the carpet. I guess it doesnt look that bad in the picture, but its just gross. Smelly, dirty. I rented one of those steam cleaners from Kroger a year ago and the water turned BLACK and it still didnt do the trick. So, In addition to painting it, Im pulling the carpet.

Nice hardwood floors below, although Ill need to sand off some of those paint stains but all in all, Im gonna be happy with the end result. And in case you were wondering? The paint colors are the following, (Purchased at Lowes - American Tradition) Top, Lighter color is Willow Wind 6004-3b and the bottom is Jekyll Crane Cottage Green 6004-3C. I painted the top while watching "Sweet Home Alabama" and the bottom while watching "The Color Purple"...two of my favorite movies. This is what it looks like now, although I have started prying off the tack strips, which is turning into an annoying task. Splinters abound!!!!

Yesterday I had to go to a CPR/Sports Med training class at 9a, then to the Kelts game (way to go on the win guys).....which leads me to #4 on the "To Blog" list. Chocolate Malts.

John had to work yesterday and he got off right about the same time as the Kelts game was over so we called each other and agreed that we'd be home in about 15 minutes. Ive felt so bad for all the overtime and weekends he's been pulling so I thought Id pick him up a little treat. Maybe 2-3 times a year we'll treat ourselves to UDF shakes & Malts. I usually get a vanilla shake and he'll get a chocolate malt.

So I swing by UDF and get myself a small shake and a large Chocolate Malt for Jmac. I get home, and put the malt on the counter and he comes home about five minutes later. He walks in and I say all cutesy, "Shmoopy! Ive got a present for you in the kitchen!!"

He smiles back, and his hand are behind his back.

"Ive got a present for you too!" He presents me with a bag of chocolates. From Graeters Ice Cream.

"you went to Graeters?"

"Yeah, why?"

"what did you get?"

"A Chocolate Malt."

"I got you one too!!!!" He didnt belive me and then went into the kitchen and there it was! It was such a cute situation I almost vomited. (I think he may have almost vomited after sucking down a second large chocolate malt!!!")

I then finished the rest of the day painting. Sunday we went to mom and dads for a cookout for G-mas birthday....heres Meredith, me, grandpa, grandma & mom.



Ok - so here come the next three - looks like ive gone in complete reverse order - #3 "Not Hungry"

So Nick and John are grazing at the food and Nick says , "I dont even think im that hungry."

John is stunned, and comments that he doesnt think hes EVER heard my brother utter that statement ever.

Nick responds, "I didnt say I wasnt going to EAT."

#2 Nose Breath.

After I finished telling my story about the Chocolate Malts, Nick says, "I can top that."

He tells me that the other night, he and Meredith were laying in bed, and Nick leans over to Meredith and says, "Do you think Nose Breath smells like regular breath?"

Meredith excitedly responds that she had just proposed that question a few days ago at work.

Im thinking they may have been the only two people pondering that.....at least in this hemisphere!

And lastly, #1, Aliens:

Nick and Meredith also added another "eerie" event that occured at their apartment.

Nick claims that a few nights ago, he woke up on the couch and didnt know how he got there, and remembered dreaming about aliens that night. The next morning when Nick told her what had happend, Meredith said that she woke up that night and saw two aliens standing at the door in her bedroom, fingers to their mouths as if to "Shush" her.

Creepy!!!!

We still havent gotten the shower issue fixed. The leaking is so bad that we're just shutting the water off when we go to work. Hopefully we can get that fixed this week.

Question of the week:

Whats the best way to get that paint off the floors?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny alien story! Love the new paint. the blue was soooo shiny! Love the neutral look. see you this weekend? Jami

Anonymous said...

What kind of paint is on the floor? Call Sherwin Williams and ask what they recommend.

Your green room looks awesome!! -- Misti

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Fort's famous "To Do" lists... I've seen many in my day, including ones that said "eat hot tuna with ketchup." :)