Thursday, May 31, 2007

EMBARASSING
Ok, so heres my "Im a dumbass" embarassing story of the day. Or you could also call it the "Gee, I sure think highly of myself" story of the day.
Im driving up to Dayton tonight to go out to dinner for dad and gpas birthday to Clancy's Tavern. Misti Calls.
Misti and I played rugby together and her husband plays for the wolfhounds who are playing in San Diego next weekend. (read more at www.wolfhoundsrfc.com )
Anyhoo, she's going out to SD, so is Stacy (Casey plays for the hounds too) and a few other kelts. Its really a huge deal and Im jealous they get to go....so exciting!
So anyway, Misti calls.
Shes all, "Hey Fort, can you email me a picture of your face?"
"Um ok, sure. I can do it tomorrow.... why?"
She says, "Im going to take you to San Diego"
Now, before I go any further, let me just say that ive dedicated the last two alumni weekends to toting Dave Learys head around on a stick and posing him with all sorts of fun things at alumni weekends. The absentee head on a stick is totally like, my thing. I really should have put two and two together.
sooooo, why did I REALLY think that she was telling me she was going to take me to San Diego???
I really dont know why, but all the sudden these thoughts started going through my head...."Oh man! Did they win the lottery or something?....Do they have an extra ticket??? I cant let them do that!!! I coudlnt possibly leave John here all weekend! Thats so not fair!! We're going to be at the lake that weekend!! Oh, thats just much too much....
So, then im all, "Misti, we're going to be at the lake that weekend, I cant go to San Diego! Thats our vacation week"
And she's all, "Um, I was just going to put your face on a stick for some pictures"
Oh.
Seriously, I just started laughling to myself, Im blaming it on chemo brain, I dont know what the hell I was thinking. I was quite embarassed, but I am still excited about the idea of getting some in absentia photos of me in SD for the weekend.
I can only imagine what must have been going through Misti's head...."um, yeah, Fort. We're gonna fly you to San Diego. You know how much Tony wants us BOTH there."
oh geez....>red face<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed about that all night!! And I can't tell you how excited I am to have a story in your blog!! -- Misti