Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hey all-
I apologize for not having the time to update you all, especially after my recent PET scan there are TONS of updates but its 6am and I just wanted to let you know I will get around to it TONIGHT!!!

For starters, my grandmother, Marie Rotert, died on Sunday evening. She was surrounded by her family at Hospice and is now relaxing with her son Steve and JP. The viewing is in Dayton Thurdsay night and the funeral is on Friday.

This past weekend was rugby alumni weekend and was a blast. I have a TON of pictures AND Video for you viewing pleasure, and some great stories as well.

And of course, my recent pet scan. They called me yesterday and the PET scan did not come back good. Much progression in the bones, however, the good news is that there has not been any spreading to the liver, spleen, lungs, brain, etc. He said that sometimes it just hangs out in the bones for a long time and doesnt leave. and they have drugs to fight the cancer and make the bones stronger so I said gimme what ya got.

My appt was at 1020 yesterday and they got me back in to the treatment room at 1p for a THREE HOUR chemo. Longest Ive ever had to sit in there. Alot of it was saline since one of the drugs burns while its going in and they have to dilute it.

Afterwards, mom,dad, angie and I went to see Shrek III. Not as good as II, but still funny. Then we headed over to Adobe Gilas for some dinner. and then on home.

Ill write more about the appointment and all the fun stuff that goes along with it tonight.

I have volleyball open gym till 6, and then we have to get EVERYTHING ready for the next six days, since we'll head straight up to Dayton after work tomorrow, be there for Friday, and then Friday afternoon head to the lake.

Ill write more tonight with LOTS of pictures (and hopefully I can get the videos up as well)

No comments: