Monday, June 11, 2007

Another fine weekend at the lake...
Big John, John & Dad work tirelessly to make sure all eyes are on the lake while driving the boat...


We made good time and got up to the lake Friday night and just relaxed. Unloaded our stuff at the Zettler Cottage (www.zettlercottage.com) and then drove over to the in-laws to visit John. Diana was at a quilting event in Columbus till Saturday. Mom, Dad and G-pa Rotert got there on Saturday morning and they headed over to OConnors point and John grilled out for lunch. Good stuff.

We were lucky enough to have brendan and his superior computer skills there to hook up his computer to the huge 52" plasma tv and watch the live webcast of the wolfhounds game vs. Hayward. Unfortunately the luck ran out there. It was so cool to be able to watch it live, and the hounds put up a valiant effort, but it was not enough. Casey did have an amazing try and it was awesome to watch it live and then call Stacy and hear her freaking out and the crowd still going wild....oh, technology.

Sunday morning was Bloody Mary's at the Aler's just two doors down from John & Dianas. Up until meeting the McLaughlins, my stance on Bloody Marys was that "I didnt think it was right to mix booze and vegetables".....until now. Now I would consider myself a Bloody Mary snob, and have yet to drink one at a bar that holds a candle to the ones on Indian Lake. I now prefer my bloody Mary's with so much Horseradish in it that I have to literally CHEW the drink. I like to think im an afficianado.

Aside from that, Im not even drinking beer this week. I saw the Coconut Rum at the grocery store and got two bottles and been drinking coconut rum & diet Coke PLUSes all week. Yum. Just not in a beer drinking mood. Is it wrong that I dont enjoy a beer unless I plan on getting rip-roaring wasted??? I know I should have grown out of that college phase but I just dont see the point in drinking one or three beers. Kids, dont listen to me. Im a college-educated secretary.

Also- have you seen this new Diet Coke PLUS? It has vitamins and minerals in it. This way I can tell my oncologist tomorrow that Im "taking care of myself"....."because MY rum and Cokes are healthy, thank you very much!!!"

Here's the pad we're staying at all week - I know what you're thinking....what a DUMP! Actually, its just me, John and Brendan. I commented on how I felt like I was walking into one of the "Real World" houses and then we all pretended like we were cast members and started that witty "i-just-met-you-banter-oh,-who-should-I-room-with" delimmas. If you've seen the show, you know what im talking about, if not, this probably wasnt that funny at all, not that it was in the first place. For those of you who dont keep on my day to day schedule, Im actually not at the lake right now. I have chemo tomorrow and I had a volleyball game in Mason tonight at 930, so I left the lake at 4, came down to Dayton, then mom and I went to dinner (Penn Station) and then went shopping (Tar-jay) so I could get some gold shoes for tracys wedding. She wants all her bridesmaids in Gold shoes, and still doesnt think its funny that I said I was going to spray paint a pair of Chuck Taylors gold for the wedding. I think its hilarous.

So anyway, im just taking a 24-hr sabaticcal from vacation to play volleyball and get chemo tomorrow morning - Oh, I guess its this morning! its quarter after midnight! - and then its back up to the lake tomorrow. After chemo, of course, we'll go over to first watch at Town & Country. Maybe Ill get some pictures of that. Brendan has his laptop there so Ill be able to post any excitement that occurs throughout the week.

To conclude, I was driving home today and this truck was in front of me....I had to take a picture, because it just said "SCHWING" on the back of it. For what reason I do not know. But its damn funny. And finally, I wanted to say hello to 2nd cousin Sue in California, who I spoke to on the phone for the first time today! Now you've been "outed" as a blog reader and you have to "Christen" this post with a comment.....I know you want to! (Ill make it easy and ask a question of the day...its been a while, huh?)

While we're on the subject of readers Ive never talked to, I pop on the site meter from time to time and see some interesting locations, where I dont think I know anyone. Do you read this blog and not know me? How did you find it? What keeps you coming back? I dont know anyone in Topeka but I see visits from time to time. Who are you? Tell me about yourself!!!

Sorry - this post sucked. I have no material when Im on vacation and not doing crap! I do have a good story Ill have to share with you sometime this week but im tired and I need to go to bed. Chemo starts at 8AM!!!! Just remind me to tell you about Pauly's "observation" he made in San Diego regarding Stacy & I's friendship. I think its pretty funny.

Oh, and I did say Id put up a question of the day, didnt I?

What is your funniest memory (or memories) from Elementary School??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, comment from an "i-don't-know-ya-but-i-read-yer-blog" person here. I've commented a few times in the past (STILL waiting for that danged Chipotle-Mayo recipe!!!) and i'm reading from San Diego (next week to be Charleston, SC, where i am moving to). What keeps me coming back? Your witty banter and funny stories. My funniest memory from elementary school? We had jelly in those one-serving plastic-with-tear-off lids at school. I thought i'd take some home to mom (sweet kid i was). I put them in my back pocket; my friends saw & thought it would be FUN to smash them up by hitting my butt. BUT...i outsmarted them and QUICKLY sat down so they couldn......ARGH!!! Smashed Jelly on my BUTT!

Anonymous said...

that's funny cause i saw a schwing truck last week (for the first time...are they just now appearing?) and giggled to myself reminiscing the days when i thought wayne's world was hilarious...and would quote it daily.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you...you missed The Sopranos finale.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I'm a "I don't know you" reader, but in Cincinnati, so not nearly as exotic. I first started reading your blog after the CinWeekly story- stopped for awhile b/c I didn't want to be intrusive and started reading again when someone else told me about it. Why do I read? Cause I literally laugh out loud, and I like your commentary on things I happen to be passionate about- reality shows (the hills and bachelor- LOVE THEM), OU (class of 2000- actually I lived in Wilson from a bunch of rugby gals), the lake, and breast ca in a round-a-bout way. And I have all the faith in the world for you :) Funniest memory from school- singing whitney houston "how will I know" with my friends about all of our crushes, everytime the crush changed

Anonymous said...

I also fall into the "I don't know you but read" category. I am the mystery reader from Topkea, KS! :-) A link to your blog was posted on the Melissa Etheridge fan board after you had been featured in a newpaper article about BC, I think. I've popped in regularly ever since because I thoroughly enjoy your writing style, and I admire your grit. And, you crack me up!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm friends with an national superstar!! You get some Canadian readers and you're gonna bump up to INTERNATIONAL superstar with the likes of Lisa and Jill of Makeover Story fame.