Sunday, June 24, 2007

Get your pretty dancin' shoes on....its time to celebrate Tracy's Bachelorette Party!!!!

Saturday the gang went out for Tracy's Bachelorette Party. Most of the bridesmaids were in attendance and we headed to downtown Cincy. For those of you who dont know, Tracy is one of my best friends from High School, and who was probably my favorite bad influence. The summer before my junior year, she had a party and said, "Fortener, we're gonna get you drunk!" and provided me with a 6-pack of Busch Light in which I was not allowed to get up until it was finished.

That night, I fell into the fountains at Lincoln Park and proceeded to spend the night on her parents driveway, in what I can recall as one of the best nights of sleep I have ever gotten. She went to BG and is now teaches 8th grade English/Language Arts. Yes, the girl who would come home from college and need directions to our houses is shaping young minds, God help us all!
Oh the novelties of a bachelorette party....she had em all.....TWO sashes (one of them lit up), white boa, a first communion veil covered in condoms, just as God had intended, and the necessary penis ring. Yes folks, she was on a roll. I had an idea to take a shot from the floor up, but I wasnt sure how it would turn out- I was pleasantly surprised!

Of course we had the tunes on in the hotel...and you cant stop these girls from dancin!

And what event in a hotel isnt complete without a self-portait of everyone in the elevator? Geez, my torso looks like a bowling ball.

We headed down the street to the new spot downtown, the Cadillac Ranch...had 8:30 dinner reservations and got our food around 10. Id reccomend the chicken wings...real good. We ended up with a nice table out on the patio, and even though weather.com said it was going to rain all night, I only recall just a few drops.

Of course with 7-7-07 being just around the corner, and a hugely popular date for weddings, the bachelorette parties were out in full force. Here's tracy with two other brides that were at the bar. That bride is getting awfuly friendly with one of Tracy's many phallic accessories. Honey, you're getting married....you dont HAVE to do that anymore!!


Tracy found her way onto the mechanical bull.....watch her get thrown off....

We got off the elevator and I said, "OK! everybody! Do something sexy!" And this is what I got...Crystal is my favorite...hike that leg up sista!

Awww....the sisters Spears. Holding a giant inflatable penis. Poor Shannon messed her knee up in a softball game this week and was on one crutch the whole time, and also got designated to carry this giant phallic symbol around all night. She was pretty easy to spot all night, limping around on that crutch with a giant penis haning from her neck. She was quite the trooper, Ida trashed that thing early If I got stuck carrying it around.

And the other sisters, Ang and Tiff. Great Cleve Tiff!
So, Tracy had these cards and she was supposed to perform these "Dares" throughout the evening....not a great picture, but I can only assume the dare was to put her bra on some dude. Check. This was at Longworths in Mt. Adams - the first club we went to.
I gave the "upshot" another try at the next bar we went to - Mt. Adams Pavillion. Get used to this, folks, I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite shot, after elevator self-portraits of course.


Party Girl! Thats me & Crystal - you know? Beer Pong champion of Finneytown?
I think we're just waiting for a cab here.


A little out of order, but here's the gang after the bar closed. Hey! All ready to go home? Not quite, we waited about 45 min before we got a ride.
Oh yeah....WAY out order here, but heres a fun shot on the dance floor.
And heres where we spent 45 minutes waiting for a cab....good times indeedy!


Headed back to the hotel - around 3:30 am- did you hear that Stacy? I was up WAY past midnight! Of course I didnt have a choice but whatever. Had a great time and Im really looking forward to the wedding - its definitely going to be a fun group.



2007 PANEGYRI Greek Festival

Sunday we headed over to our 2nd favorite place to eat gyros. (Souflakis is #1).....Mom, Dad and Grandpa came down and we met up with Stacy, Casey & Emma, David, Alisa & Annie, Pauly & E-Beth, Casey & Steve, and Richie & Eva.

Same thing every year and thats the way we like it. 2 gyros, fried cheese, grape leaves, olives, pita, baklava Sundae and a few beers just to get started. Then I like to head inside and look at all the jewelry & art, and those cute little coin waist-wraps, that every year I serioulsy consider buying one, and every year I dont. Fell in love with costume-jewelry ring and walked away.....too much. Fun, relaxing, great music, great place for people watching. An uneventful good time every year.

Pauly, John, Dad, Mom, Grandpa, E-beth chat, hang out, eat.

Grandpa (w-Emma), Dad, Me, Mom
The girls - Andrea, Stacy, Annie, Alisa, Emma & I.

Everyone have a great week!





`

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I have a comment all right. Good looking family Melissa. Really. Gramp's bears a slight resembalance to "Classey Freddy Blassie". Your father looks like the scholarly gent if I do say so myself. Yea, right. About as scholarly as "Eugene" of the WWF. And your mom, she looks every bit the wrestling fan if I've ever seen one. Where's she hiding her sign for crying out loud. And what arena are you guys posing in front of?