Monday, July 09, 2007

Congrats Tracy & Ross Kincaid!!!

It was a beautiful day with a beautiful bride! Tracy's dress was gorgeous. That photo doesnt really do it justice. Saturday morning we all got up and had early 9-930 hair appointments at Square One in Centerville, then lunch at Panera and a few hours to kill before reporting to the church at 1:30. I had found the best shade of green that TOTALLY matched my dress, but Tracy said I had to keep it red or pink....So that gave me just enough time to go home kill the green off my fingernails, repaint all, and head out for a quick 15 min tan.

The rehearsal dinner went well, although I couldnt quite wrap my brain around how a 15 minute service warranted an hour and a half rehearsal. Rehearsal dinner was at the Spaghetti Warehouse (same as Nicks, but different room). The family made the nicest speeches to each other - both parents wrote letters to Tracy and ROss and read them out loud, Ross's sisters wrote Ross a letter and read them out loud, Tracy and Ross both read letters they each wrote to their parents....Everyone was crying. At my brother's rehearsal, we yelled at each other about what was the best way to distribute the cheese cake. Below, Tracy's sisters Stephanie & Shannon give thier co-maid of honor speeches:

Ok, this is out of order a bit - Jeremy, Ross's friend and Tracy's roomate gets cozy with Christy & Holly on the party bus.
Wow....really out of order- Cheryl Warner, Meredith, Nick and John are all giddy with excitement over a 15 minute wedding.


As usual, the self portraits were aplenty...That was Ross and I at the dollar dance and Tracy & I, well, I dont know when that was......

As for the hair, I dont know if you can tell but I just had them chop it shorter in the back and left it long on the top. Its amazing how that little amount of hair could take an hour to fix, but i did really like it. THe girl who did my hair graduated with MEredith...small world!

Below- did you notice the reception hall? Its the same place NIck and MEredith had theirs at....although when I accused Tracy of copying my brothers wedding she assured me, "Fort, I had this hall booked FIRST!"

If you havent checked this place out and have any input on planning future weddings in Dayton, I highly reccomend it. The food is always great too.
Heres everyone's favorite Fairmont Class of 1996 representing!!!.....From the left: Marisa, Vince, Janicki, Ang, Gordo, Tracy, Rock, Cunningham, Glaser, Me & Bone. What a great time. And yes, Mr. Anonymous, I was WRECKED. Look at my fancy pants husband and his glass of wine! Distinguished!
After the reception, we headed over to Taggarts. Great time. I ended up talking to a deaf man all night and really found out how bad my signing is. Luckily I was able to spell out most of the stuff and if I got stuck on a word, I would just ask him, "What is?" and then spell it. I learned a lot, like the word for "Drunk" and "Sucks" and "Awkward"....and I forget the difference between "K" and "P" and "Q" and "G" and "H" .....It made me want to take another signing class. He was very patient with me and I appreciated that. We also talked by writing on napkins. He went to Colonel White and we were talking about the guy who goes to all the basketball games and mops the floors - he's mentally handicapped and shows up to every game. Actually announced a bball game I played at CW. We couldnt think of his name and I said the first one to come up with it owes the other one a beer - He came up with "Otis" and i said - "Thats it!" and bought him a beer.....then my parents told me when I got home it was actually "Andre".....

In reference to 'Mr. Anonymous', I think KJ and my SIL were right...just a random troll stirring up shit, never to come back. I havent made this private and I dont intend on doing so. I wont lie and say that that didnt feel like a punch in the gut. I even started to write this dissertation response and then I just decided against it. Thats what they wanted after all, right?

If anything, I wanted to thank Mr. Anonymous. That was the most passionate, albeit profane, declaration my husband has ever....declared. And all the other responses were great too. Thanks. Guess what Mr. A? Im always wanting more people to post to this site......and I had EIGHTEEN POSTS ON THURSDAY! So thank you!


I have another chemo tomorrow at 8 - and Ill also have another Tumor Marker test as well. Keep sending all that positive energy and prayers!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fort, you looked beautiful!! The bride did too, of course!! Jami
love the hair

Anonymous said...

That's a super cutie pic of you and John...if I didn't have twenty five kids here tomorrow I'd come hang out with you...good vibes being sent your way...XOXO Marisa

Anonymous said...

Sending you positive vibes from Charleston SC :) I have yet to make the chipotle mayo...many thanks for the recipe, but any chance you guys ship ready-made? ;-P Your hair looks great, by the way!

Aileen said...

I did the same thing you thought about. I wrote a really long,nasty response and then thought long about it before I hit send. Then I realized I was wasting energy on this asshole.
I DID spend alot of wasted time trying to figure out who the hell would say those things to me. I even suspected a few people and then,later,found out it wasn't them one way or the other. I fould out that all this asshole did was make me paranoid and angry for a long period of time for no reason at all.
There are people in this world who think so little of themselves that they get a chub from doing crap like this to people. I left "irishabroad" because of all the trouble people stirred up on a good message board.
I am impressed at John. I don't think I've ever heard him so passionate about anything EVER! It is obvious you are loved greatly by many so move along Mr. A. Nice try but no cigar.

Anonymous said...

I dig the hair! You look gorgeous -- nice tan :)

Anonymous said...

That wedding looks a TON better then the one I was at on Saturday. Damn the 7/7/07 weddings all over the place!!

Aileen said...

Took me awhile to figure out who the bride looked like. Mallory from....crap....that Michael J. Fox tv show....you'll think of it. In a medicated haze again...6 more drugs today. *sigh*

Kate said...

Family Ties, was the show Aileen was talking about

Anonymous said...

OH Heck Yeah! Tracy has been getting the "Mallory Keaton" or Justine Bateman look alike comments since highschool!
Good Call!