Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Another "Poor-Mans-el-cheapo-but-aesthetically-pleasing" Home Improvement brought to you by Fort & J-Mac.
So, our computer workstation sits smack dab in the middle of our living room and dining room, and its always been a bit of an eyesore. Ive been keeping my eyes open for a "cleaner" looking desk, as the plywood monstrosity below has seen better days. that drooping desktop looks even more dramatic from the couch - so i finally found a cheap and perfect matching desk off of Target.com.
So I had to go to the Finneytown HS Fall Sports drug and alcohol policy kickoff, (yeah, it was as fun as it sounds!) but it was mostly a bear because it was ninety-some degress the whole time...very uncomfortable. Anyway, John put the desk together when I was gone and set everything up - I think it looks pretty nice!!!
Although, as Murphy's Law would have it, now theres even more shit all over everywhere else:
Monday & Tuesday we had our volleyball tryouts and I only kept 11 girls for JV, which meant cutting 3 nice young ladies. It wasnt easy - especially since we didnt just post a sign, we had to conference with each player. Ive never been in a position to fire someone (unless you count when Nick worked at the Donut Man for like two days and quit becuase he didnt respect my authori-TYE when I told him to go wash trays) so giving the face to face "your cut" meeting was not easy!

We had a great group of girls tryout and Im happy with my JV squad. Hopefully some of you can make it out to some games. The next 2.5 months are going to fly by - the first weekend after the season is over is the Atlanta 3-day walk so my butt is gonna be KICKED!!!

thats it for now. We actually have NO plans this weekend...so, you may not hear back from me for awhile unless something greath happens. Oh wait, I think im going to paint the living room all weekend so I will post pictures of that....ohhhh....I know you're all SOOOOO excited!

PS - Judy or Bobby? Im finishing up my thankyous from the stack of envelopes you sent me and there are three envelopes that dont have names....one is from a Signet Drive in Dayton, one is from Rancocas, NJ and one doesnt even have a return addy so Im at a loss for that one. Can you help me on the other two - just need names... Thanks!

Ok everyone - question to take you into the weekend:

Its 100 fargin degrees out - you're staying in for the weekend with the AC cranked REAL LOW....What are you going to watch on TV all day??? (or, for you smarties, what are you going to read?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I'm not all that smart but I would finish reading "Middlesex" and then I would watch HGTV for the rest of the weekend!!! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I love that computer table! Target rocks, doesn't it? It looks really nice. Now I have to go shopping. Thanks. Good luck this season with volleyball. It'll be fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the desk.. its so neat, you should get a really cool basket to put underneath to put all the OTHER stuff in.. haha
I would watch VH1 all day you have rock of love witch is so funny and then old reruns of other past shows. Enjoy your weekend! Crystal ;)

Anonymous said...

Football, more football, nascar,rock of love, gene simmons family jewels and big brother. If we can find the time we will come down to watch you coach, but it will have to be on a weekend as Willie has already started Football practice at school.
Bobby & Judy

Anonymous said...

I have to be outside watching two football games, both Ryan and Chris are playing Saturday. Call me and I'll share the details and you can enjoy sitting in the hot sun with me. - Jan