Monday, August 20, 2007

FINNEYTOWN JV VOLLEYBALL beats WALNUT HILLS in TWO GAMES!!!

Way to go girls! It was the first scrimmage I had with my girls and they did great! Looking forward to Wednesday's scrimmage against Princeton.
FYI - Our first game is THIS SATURDAY at Middletown HS- JV starts at 10:00 am, Varsity to follow. GO WILDCATS!

Awww....how cute is THIS!!! Nick and Sam Mittermeier (Karen's little girl) show off their pearly whites at Bone's Cornhole Tournament!

So- Bone had his cornhole tournament this weekend. It seriously started off like a dream. 30 random people, guys and girls teamed up by pulling numbers out of two hats, and who do I get as my partner??

So now we've got all the pressure in the world. People expect perfection with a team like this. Cunningham is walking around calling us "Fortener Nation" and we start our two first games with convincing wins - 21-0, 21-3. We're gonna walk right through this tournament.

Bone and his dad playing against each other:
J-Mac teamed up with Debbie, Bone's mom, and did ok. I think they pulled one off in the losers bracket, still, he was never satisfied....

Vince Dean (my senior year turnabout date and Sarah's fiance...dont be jealous, Sarah.), me & CUnningham. We kept singing Duran Duran songs all night after John said Cunningham looked like Simon LeBon. "Her name is Rio......."

Bone models angies new hair bows as he marks one of the worst bracket posters ever seen in these parts.
So yeah......Nick and I make it into the finals. I was really more tired than I was confident, and who really gave a rats ass? We knew everyone there anyway, the championship game didnt REALLY mean anything, right? Wrong.

Nick approaches me and demands that we "Kick their ass"....and.."This girl we're playing has been talking S*hit all night and she's driving me crazy.".....blah blah blah. Apparently this girl had been pretty obnoxious all night and was annoying people left and right. I never saw it, but I was going to do my best regardless. Whatever Nick.

Two minutes later, Sadie Shit-Talker comes strutting out, pointing at me, telling me to "JUST CONCEDE.....Just Concede.....YOu're Goin' Down.....blah blah blah....Dont even try.....blah blah blah"

Now, there's friendly banter, and then theres tiptoeing across that line once a 12-pack bloats your ego to the point where you're REEELY begging to get punched in the face. Im a pacifist for the most part, but this girl made it very easy to imagine her face covered in blood as she continued to cross the line of drunken shit talking......all the while kicking our ass......

Yes folks, thats right. We lost in the finals. In all fairness, her male counterpart did the most damage - she didnt perform quite enough to back up her mouth, but did it matter? no. We lost. Nick was so pissed off he whipped his last bag at me and this other girl. He said he was aiming for her, yet I was the one who got drilled in the leg.

We then sat around licking our wounds, and Nick confessed that no loss suffered in High School or Collegiate Football quite compared to the bite of this defeat. I feel ya, bro.

We then went out to celebrate mom's birthday at LaRosas on Sunday.

Ive got chemo Tomorrow. I only have tomorrow, off a week, and then TWO more Tuesday treatments before Im done. At least done for now, then another PET scan and we'll see how it goes. This week is going to be SUPER HARD. Getting blasted with chemo and trying to push out 12-14 hour days is very taxing but I dont feel like I have much of a choice. Ill probably lay low this weekend after the game. Im supposed to work the Oktoberfest at Germania Park on Sunday but I will relax if Im feeling bad. I promise I wont push it.

DONT FORGET!!! -
Scrimmage AT Finneytown on WEDNESDAY - 5:30! First game at MIDDLETOWN HS on SATURDAY - JV at 10:00am- Varsity to follow.

No comments: