Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Im re-writing the entire post I just wrote ten minutes ago.

Ang told me to watch this show on TLC about this girl with Stage 4 breast cancer. I did relate to a lot of the emotions, the fears, all that, but in the end, I stopped watching after about 30 min.

Why? Because It annoyed me. Nothing against this girl, but what the hell? I guess Id just rather see someone with an actual 8-5 job, bills they cant pay, too much on their schedule. Someone who indulges themself a little bit ( or a lot).

Im watching this girl - ok, so you DONT WORK, and you have FIVE HOURS every day to prepare your stupid expensive as hell microbiotic diet food you just got from Whole Foods Market. OH how sweet, your boyfriend prepares your wheat grass smoothie for you every morning.

John walked in the living room while I was watching this (he had no idea what was on) and saw 15 seconds of it and says, "WHEAT GRASS? F**k THAT." I told my mom to start watching this and she called me at the commerical and was like, "What exactly does this girl DO?" Then she made some comment about the crazy diet, which relieved me. For a second I thought she was going to tell me it was a good idea, but then I forgot, this woman has known me almost THIRTY YEARS. She knows better than that.

I dont know. I guess if you have a fat bank roll and an entire day to spend at alternative healing conventions, your yoga class, having one on one sessions with all your professional, deeper than thou close friends, then way to go. Ill admit it, Im jealous. Id love to have that kind of time and money to do that.

But for the rest of us, an actual REAL LIFE is happening...with debt, fast food, bosses, salaries that have you living from paycheck to paycheck, no time to study every possible solution.....

Its just frustrating. Dont plaster that all over as the poster child for breast cancer. Those of us living in the real world cant live up to that. Simply cant afford it.

Despite all this- Ive actually had a pretty great week. Lots of energy, getting a TON of work done, and looking forward to a really good weekend. I cant go to the lake with John because I have to work the Fireworks train on Sunday, so Ill probably head over to Kats for a little bit on Saturday. Ill have some pictures I PROMISE!!!

We play AT Maderia Thursday - Come on out!! my girls are 1-2....shooting for .500 tomorrow!

:)

6 comments:

Aileen said...

I had considered mentioning to you about this show. I had read a bit about it in People magazine. Then,I saw a clip about it on some gossip tv show and decided against it for just that reason. A bit hard to feel sorry for her.
Didn't know John was coming to the lake. Wish you could make it. If you do the train thing again , next year , I'ld be interested in checking it out. Just trying to get the last time at the Lake in. Still haven't caught all the catfish in the channel yet. Can't leave those behind!
Good luck to you and your girls.

Anonymous said...

Fort - I agree that the show was not very realistic, but she was pretty hot, so I watched the last hour.
PaulytheBastard

Anonymous said...

Man, I had the best of intentions in suggesting that show! Sorry it ended up being a bummer...not what I was hoping for. SORRY! Ang

Anonymous said...

Was that the Crazy Sexy Cancer show? I saw ads for it and thought they should put you on it because it'd be freaking hilarious. But then I realized it would be just video of you going to work and then going to coach and Johnny Mac cooking you dinner :) Mmmm, wheat grass!

Check out the forum: http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2531908519

Anonymous said...

Yeah, thats the one. And she doesnt have breast cancer - some other kind. They filmed this like three years ago and its just now picking up steam, I think the book is being released later this year.

Just bitter, thats all. I cant be the only survior that watches that with dissapointment.

Anonymous said...

I love your new 'do! (ok, I'm a little biased, I have short hair too) It flatters your face. Good luck tomorrow at Northwest. Your JV team looks great this year!