Monday, September 03, 2007

Yes, I chopped all my hair off again.

When I was in the 7th grade, as some of you dont know, I chopped all my hair off, giving my self a giant "wedge" in the back. I rode my bike up to Van Buren shopping center where my old babysitter, Kelly Young, was working at TCBY Yogurt. She immediately saw the back of my butchered hair, pulled me behind the counter and into the back room, where she "cleaned up" the chunky parts hanging out. Later, I had to go to a beauty shop to have it further fixed.

Thats when all the kids at school started calling me the "Millenium Falcon" because my hair looked much like a spaceship.

Friday I just had one of those days. Id been thinking about chopping it all off again and I was just in a really brave mood. The problem, was that I had decided I was going to take John's hair clippers and use it like a "Flobee", you know, just give myself the one length, one-shot quickie haircut. What I learned was that mens beard clippers dont work like a Flobee, and simply arent meant to cut 4" of thick women's hair. (The hair is thick....ok the woman is too, but whatever)

So then I got the scissors out and thought I just needed to get it shorter before I could use the clippers. Well...it wasnt pretty. I didnt take any pictures, but I did have to haul my ass to Square one Saturday morning.

My dad said, "those who dont remember the past are doomed to give themselves rediculous hair cuts again".....a coworker at the fireworks train asked, "What did you do to your hair?" No body asked me about it, which is usually a clear sign that they arent impressed. Nothing I can do about it now.

(VB Practice got cancelled so mom talked me into coming up to the football game) Overall, Im happy with it. I just got fed up waiting for it to grow. The chemo hasnt made it fall out, but I think its slowed the growth, and it just looks mangey and blah.

I guess Ill try to keep this up for now.

Saturday was Kats Party - She has an adorable new house and as you could have guessed, flipcup was in full effect.

Now, Im almost 30, and Ive been lucky enough to have escaped every keg stand chant. I cant chug. Keg stands & Beer bongs have never been my thing. Others seem to enjoy it. The only thing that was a little sad was that there were so many new girls out from the team that I dont even know! I feel like the club has been such a massive part of my life for the last 7 years, and now I dont even know half the team. Weird. Two girls showed up who used to play for Western Michigan and said they remembered me whoring for them at one of the Savannah tournaments and that I was "awesome".... Thats right girls, I was awesome.
Enjoy this picture while you can...I have a feeling someone might ask me to remove it. While waiting for a beer, someone (who's name I will not divulge) stepped up for a keg stand. I dont know what proked me to stick the camera between her head and the keg. Im impulsve. But I did get a great shot - and Kat seems to be enjoying herself tremendously!
Sunday was the fireworks train - It was hot, busy, and then it just got hotter. Rodney (Far left) said it made him think about all the Jews on the trains going to Auschwitz. Ok, Rodney it wasnt THAT bad. It was fun, but I was mostly hot the whole time. We were back in the coach cars, but I did help the gal who took the tavern lounge get ready for her group. (Rodney, Mom, Dad below)
Heres the tavern lounge - many of you were on this last year. A woman leased it out for her group of friends and had Bill Thomas over at BBQ Revue cater it. Sounds like they all had a great time


And of course, the grand finale of my blog entry.....a grand finale!


Sorry about these posts.....I know they're kinda lame. Im not feeling controversial these days. Chemo is tomorrow so Im getting ready for another crappy two weeks. Just one more hopefully.

Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is just your skill with the camera, but I like the new cut. -- Misti

Anonymous said...

Like the new doo forty, Jami

Aileen said...

I dig the hair! And,slap my brother once or twice for forgetting the great pics at Mom and Dad's. Hard to miss them with only 3 pieces of furniture left upstairs!
I won't spoil the surprise on one but rest assured Dad will be blowing one of them up and mailing it to Aunt Susan. One hint...Katy will NOT be happy! lol
I gave my copy to Dad so I'll have to make another print so katy is safe from a post on my blog for a short period of time.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks cute! Of course I had mine cut in a similar style so I may be biased :)

Aileen said...

THE best pic in the whole world is now on the blog. Poor Katy! lol

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE HAIR! I like it short...anyone who doesn't is LOCO!
Ang

Anonymous said...

Luv the hair! Wish I could pull it off.

Anonymous said...

The girls thought you were awesome in Savannah??...Hmm...I guess that everyone starts drinking early for St. Patty's day down there.