Sunday, October 07, 2007

Saturday...Dinner with the fam &
Kelts Breast Cancer fundraiser!!!

I dropped the ball in a big way by not even mentioning the Breast Cancer fundraiser this week. The Kelts hat their annual event on Sunday, and Mom, Dad, Nick and Meredith came down around 4 and we made dinner for everyone. Ok, John Made dinner for everyone. But you knew that. Lamb chops, lamb ribs, twice baked potatoes, and an assortment of salads provided a nice base before clocking in for the $20 all you can drink evening.



It was a great time as usual. Mass amounts of beer was consumed, and I woke up with a beautiful draft beer headache. Just like the good old days. Mom and Dad went home last night and Nick and Mere stuck around this afternoon for lunch (ordered Donatos) and then headed off to a family event she had in Cincy.



Pauly enlisted me to make signs again this year. Every year Ive used a different medium. One year it was fat markers, last year it was poster paints on poster board. This year its banners with spray paint....Nick was here so he wanted to contribute. We pulled up and printed this pic of Mongo in Drag and then did spray-painted a pair of breasts like he'd done it a thousand times before. Pauly keeps wanting this event to be a classy affair, so he put the kibosh on the poster...at least until 11pm when Nick & Co. managed to put it up:
And here are the party pics: Casey, Chuck, Eva, Amy, Dan & Patty
There she is!! Mary Ann Sweeney, Fellow survior, mans her post at the end of the bar. Thumper & Pauly join in on the fun:



Kyra, Nick, J-mac & Adam "Jimmy Shea" Schaffer. Jimmy Shea is quite possibly the loudest human in the tristate. There were no hearing issues last night!! Love you j-shea!
All the girls - way to go Ladies - Big victory over Louisville on Saturday - hopefully Ill be out in the spring! I think I was getting a little frustrated over the 40 shots tha were being taken....???
You didnt think Id disappoint and forget my "in the round" shot? NEVER!!!!!
No matter how tough they try to be, the guys enjoy a good photo op just like the rest of us...
Hula Nick and Brandon....getting ready to call it a night guys?



Yeah...its getting late....
Mike, Casey & Eva causing trouble.
E-Beth, Casey, Toby & Eva.
Another busy night at Haps....
On a sadder/happier note, I hugged my awesome, sequin, Junior prom dress good bye today and sent it up north to Dayton, to be personally delivered to Dana Sintell, drag queen extrordinarre. This dress is going me no good in my closet, and it is WAY TOO fabulous to just throw away. Ill be sure to take pictures if and when it gets christened at a Rubi Girls show.
This is the last official week of volleyball, games on Tuesday & Thursday, but I cant be at the last game on Thursday, as Ill be driving to Atlanta for the 3-Day breast cancer walk. I hate missing my last game, but Ive had these plans forever! Im scared to death about what Im getting myself into but Im committed to finish this bitch if its the last thing I do!! I said I would and im sticking to my word, no matter how out of shape I am!! arrrgghhttt.....I am stupid!!! HEAR ME ROAR!!!!

Can you belive Scrapbook weekend is like THREE WEEKS AWAY??? I have no idea what im going to do...Actually, Shannon says this walk is pretty spectacular and incredibly inspiring, I may just take my camera and take a TON of pictures and do a really nice scrapbook for it. Ill be sure to take my special pens and do some journaling while im there. These are the experiences that get you thinking and you cant get those moments/thoughts back! Yeah...thats what im doing.
HAPPY SUNDAY!
Question of the week
(I know most of these are music related, but I love hearing what everyone is into)
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP FIVE FAVORITE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME???
(Ill answer later, I need to think this through. This is pretty heavy)
KATS QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Why did you text me asking what HS I went to?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just the top five? I could name a top 25,but here goes:
#5- The first Kiss album
#4-Pink Floyd - Darkside of the moon (play it while wathing the Wizard of Oz)
#3- Led Zepplin 3
#2- Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
#1- The Beatles - Sgt.Pepper
Love and Peace - Bobby

Anonymous said...

Judy says =
#1 - AC/DC Back in Black
#2 - Elton John Goodby yellowbrick road
#3- REO Speedwagon - You can tune a piano but u can't tune a fish
#4 - Christoper Cross - Sailing
#5 - Journey - The one with Anyway u want it
Willie's top five
#5 Kiss's Greatest hits
#4 John Mayer
#3 I Think I'm Turning Japanese
#2 Anything on Gutiar Hero
#1 Rascal Flatts

Anonymous said...

Fort you are the best!!! I cannot wait to see you when we get to atlanta! I will call you tomorrow!