Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap:
862 MILES TRAVELED for TURKEY

Ive got a stomachache so Im going to give you the slide show with little to say...
Thanksgiving Day - mom, Laura & I headed to the Turkey Trot in M-burg - Five miles, great way to start the holiday. This should be manditory for EVERYONE.

Am I a bad American if I hoisted my camera up to take this picture while everyone sings the national anthem? Guy in the red hat thinks so.
YES! Go Quakers! Dad sqeezes into his Wilmington College letter Jacket - Lookin' Good Dad.
We took a few family pictures for mom & dad's Christmas cards.....which do you like better? I like the one in front of the fireplace.

Off to NC! John & I drove to NC on Friday and came back Monday. Had a great time. I know, the last thing you'd think I wanted to do was a scenic railway, but we did, and had a GREAT TIME!! We hopped on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway for their Christmas train & had a wonderful trip. Me, Theresa & Jesse:
Trains. Exciting.
I bribed Jesse to grab me a pair of those antlers...they were only for the kids. I still owe him five bucks.
Blue Ridge, GA and their community Christmas event - so Norman Rockwell.
Tons of shopping. Lots of Indian souvineers/items around these parts (right in the Cherokee Nat'l Forest) I found this amusing - an Indian Herbal Laxitive Tea - Look at the name:

John crushes a Guinness:
So yeah, remember that drought going on down south? Still going. Here are some sad pictures. This is the bridge on the way up to the house - Near the center of the page, you'll see what happens when you dont heed the drought warnings and take your damn boat out of the river before the water disappears:
And if you didnt see this on Aileens Blog, here's the glorious oasis that is the boat marina they'll use for their pontoon. (Eventually....Hopefully) This is just sad:
And here's the gang!
Hope everyone had happy Thanksgiving. Im sorry this post was lame, I was mostly trying to find pictures Aileen hadnt already posted!

If you're not watching October Road - You need to start - NOW!

Happy Tuesday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey--I like the outdoor pic for the christmas cards!! Cute!! J

Aileen said...

I'm so glad you got the pic of the stranded boat. I could have sworn Erin said she took a pic of it. Loved the group picture. Turned out really well. Never could figure out the timer thing on mine.

Anonymous said...

I pick the 2nd inside pic for the group picture!

Anonymous said...

I like the one outside The leaves on the ground are so fall like. It is beautiful. Regardless which she uses they are oth very nice

Anonymous said...

I was hoping I was going to be the one to post the stranded boat pic first!!! (Aileen -- it's on my camera). Family pic: I like the outside one if you crop a little of the background out. Had a great time!!!

-erin

Anonymous said...

I vote for the fireplace pic!And I love Eddie LaTekka!

Anonymous said...

I like the fireplace pic, It's a wonderful family shot. I now we will have to come up with something other than the family fireplace pose for our clan!!!! Also Judy thinks all the girls sould buy scrapbook supplies for the Christmas gift exchange.
Bobby