Wednesday, January 16, 2008

BLAH.....
This week couldn't GET any more boring it if started giving a lecture on the Dewey Decimal System. In no particular order:

  • We bought a dishwasher today. Im embarassed to admit our dishwasher STILL doesnt work and there is still water sitting in it. Im not kidding. Our house should be condemned. what a cesspool. Hopefully we'll get the new on in by Saturday. Ill be at M/D weekend with all the ya-yas, so only J-Mac will have to face these guys. "seriously? You just let the water sit in there?"

  • There was a guy working at Lowe's who was friendly, but had an Andy Kaufman a la Taxi delivery. When he started talking, it was all we could do. It just came out of left field, and I felt HORRIBLE for the slight nostril flare and constant lack of eye contact. I had to make a joke about buying the dishwasher just so I could smile. Im sure he's a wonderful man and anybody reading this who knows the guy is probably coming to kill me.
  • I got John to walk through the kitchent cabinets section at Lowe's. Although its a way off, just getting him to see it was a big step forward. Id love to have some new kitchen cabinets. If you havent seen ours, they're metal and painted BRICK RED. Lovely. Cabinets are expensive.
  • I sent out the evite for our beer pong tournament. Send me a message if you want to come and you're not on it. So far about 50 have looked at the actual invite and five people are going to be there so far. (including us)
  • I really should rename the cat "hey". Ive said it five times since I started this post. I got him one of those catnip scratchers and the moron doesnt get it. He likes the carpet and the couch better. Thankfully they're both materials that dont show the abuse.
  • I find that kittens are like children in that you can throw mountians of gifts and toys their way, and yet the kid will always want the tupperware bowl and the cat will always want a straw wrapper. Add any sort of adhesive to the paper and you might as well send him on a European vacation.

  • Speaking of, Im really going to try and schedule some sort of European vacation for next year. And I really have to stick to some sort of savings or something because I swear I have been bringing this up to John since our first date and at this point it falls on deaf ears, because he knows its not somethign we have the time or the money for. but really, Im seriously going to work on that this year. So far the most exotic place Ive ever been is Toronto.

  • Im in a Biggest Loser competition with some friends. I cant tell you who they are because they almost didnt let me join bc they thought I was going to blog about it, but then I said if they didnt invite me I would blog about how they discriminate against self-disclosing bloggers and so then I was in. Everyone did great for their first week. I trimmed about 4 lb and tomorrow is the second weigh in. I really havent been doing anything spectaular so If I lose more weight, its probably just going to scare me.....
  • ......Because I dropped some weight the last time the BC got ugly. Probably not the best time to be dieting (OR MAYBE ITS THE VERY BEST TIME!!) We'll see.
  • I was bummed to see that actor Brad Renfro was found dead. I really loved The Client. I was hoping there were great things in his future.

Whoa! Could I be more depressing? Ok, here are five things that made me laugh this week:

J-Mac had a funny at lunch on Sunday. We were with Tammy and Philly. Somehow we got into a discussion about how some women who look gay, arent. PHILLY: "You know, there are some women who live on a farm, wear flannels, and have mullets, but they're married with kids!" JMAC: "Yeah, some people are just ugly!" .....thank God Philly and Surly have a sense of humor. We very well could have had another Clifton murder on our hands.

I back handed my boss last week. A truck driver had wandered in the back door through the warehouse and I jumped up to tell him where to bring his truck in. Im talking with my hands and the next I know, Im waving him to bring the truck around front. I didnt know my boss Karen had walked up behind me and literally backhanded her across the jaw! I am still gainfully employeed, and Im just waiting for the moment she asks me to do something so I can say, "Dont make me slap you again."

I took our new train guy back into the warehouse to show him the railpit along the side of the warehouse and we were walking back to the office, (again, me talking, unaware of my surroundings) and I triped HARD over a fork lift prong sticking out. I must have flown a foot in the air, but thankfully landed on both feet. Ray was uncomfortably amused.

I had a customer call on the phone about some of the dinner trains we're going to offer in the spring. CUSTOMER: "Sooo.....these trains are going to go somewhere?" ME: "Yep! They're definitely going somewhere." >end<>tonight?)

We all got a laugh from Debra, our foster care teacher when she was giving her speech on discipline and said that you werent allowed to "thump" (as she made the downward flicking motion as if to injure an invisible four year old) your foster children.

OH YEAH! And Tammy & Philly gave us a WONDERFUL GIFT!!!! Take a look:


Happy Thursday - Ill have big recaps on Sunday from the Ya-Ya weekend! Yee Haw!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do it all. I just read last two posts - This is your year and we are all praying for you. Oh, and for the record I think it's much harder to tell a "Lipstick" Lesbian from your farm girl description. Diversity in life will keep your blog going forever. Here's to fake purses and what's that wine you drink out there? XXOO

Aileen said...

Well , you had a dishwasher from the start. What is the point in being married if he doesn't do dishes?

We have a cat named kitty. It's all they answer to anyway. Although Mom and Dad had a dog named Huh. What is your dogs name? huh. Too many OSU keg parties.

I didn't get a pong invite. Is it a team sport? Can Erin and I come if we promise not to lick your brother's nipples? If you haven't seen pics from your wedding then never mind.

Tom doesn't do anything spontaneous anymore without being drunk for fear it will be on the blog.

Brendan came over today to visit and mentioned the client actor. Am I old? i have no idea what the client is or who that guy is.

Is the train going somewhere? Sounds like a great build up to "here's your sign".

Ask the instructor to define thump.

Anonymous said...

You should just paint your cabinets. I bet with a less oppressive color, they would look nice. We have the old-school steel cabinets as well, but I like them. My dream is for new counter tops.

Anonymous said...

So I guess my Kornduffer in Kare comment didn't fall among your funniest moments? Oh well...at least Chris Stedron would get it...

Anonymous said...

Actually, Huh was the rabbit with half its ear missing.